Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Amedeo Delle Valle quits the team

BassDropper's picture
March 22, 2014 at 5:06pm
22 Comments
southbay's picture

Whoa, no kidding?  Say it isn't so...

BROSEPH's picture

Yikes.  I never even considered this a possibility of happening.  Best of luck, young man.

BassDropper's picture

I think it has to do with him not being elected President of the Student Body

DIRECTIONER

-2 HS
SilverState's picture

Really no need for this bd...

-1 HS
BassDropper's picture

You're a dumbass if you thought that was a serious post

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Not sure why you would use the word "quit" I see this as a personal decision to go back home. He is much better suited for the European game and Matta never used him appropriately anyway. Wish him the best!

+15 HS
CaliforniaBuckeye's picture

Agreed 100%. He's a much better fit for European basketball. Not much of a physical game across the pond, more shooting. Good luck to him, and wish him the best.

"The only way we'd get beaten was if we got a little fat-headed, if we didn't train right, if we had dissension on the squad." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

Just curious, how should he have been used? He was brought here to do one thing- be a consistent threat from deep. He shot 32% from three and under 70% from the line. He's not overly athletic and he's not a great defender. And if you don't do anything spectacularly, you better be a great defender if you want to play for Thad. I suppose you could say that Thad never ran anything specifically to get him open but when he is shooting just 32%, what's the point? 

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

No juniors next year.

LEBRON

PittBuckeye's picture

Which is weird to not have a single scholarship player for an entire year.

brandonbauer87's picture

No seniors the year after that. 

+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Anthony Lee?

LEBRON

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

best of luck to him. Next man up. Just an extra scholarship

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

This isn't the football team, at the moment they're having enough trouble filling the ones they have with big time talent.

+2 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

it would go towards next year though..

Buckeye fan from PA

KBonay's picture

good luck getting In n Out over there!

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Happy trails young fella

luckynutz's picture

Eh...like the kids personality. And his love for the school. But looking down the road, he was never going to progress past being a marginal role player. Couldn't consistently knock down open looks and was a defensive liability. And everyone here knows Matta can forgive offensive inconsistency as long as you make up for it at the defensive end. Just didn't see him cracking the rotation as anything more than what he was. A situational shooter or a guy who eats a few minutes to get the starter some rest.

-2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Studied and played some ball abroad, at the finest university in the land. Have no doubt he enjoyed this experience to the fullest.

Best of luck to ADV.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Take what you've learned ADV and hopefully you'll share the experience with your brethren back in your homeland. 

You'll always be a Buckeye to me!

+1 HS
elitesmithie's picture

Cant blame him for going home and making 150K+ a year to play a game.

+2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Didnt see this one coming. Next year is definitely gonna be a new look...