Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Next Big Man On Campus?

Silver Bullet 10's picture
March 21, 2014 at 3:13pm
24 Comments
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

I havenever seen this kid play but some how I know we could use him badly. Would have to think he would start,hell I could stick a 6'9 mop in to a bucket with wheels and kick it out on to the court and it would probably man down the 5 spot for us.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS

We'd probably contend for a championship if we land Lee. Indiana is the frontrunner though. He's being heavily sought.

Earle's picture

Mops and buckets everywhere are offended by the comparison to Ohio State's bigs.

Italics are for emphasis.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Mop and buckets had a game high 14 rebounds the other night

Impressive Game logs

1.  (7/15) 17 pts 7 reb 3 blk 1 stl (UCF)
  2.  (10/15) 23 pts 14 reb 2 ast 1 blk (Texas)
  3. (8/16) 20 pts 10 reb 3 ast 1 blk 1 stl (UCF)
  4.  (9/15) 22 pts 10 reb 2 ast (USF)
  5.  (6/11) 14 pts 3 reb 1 ast 1 blk 1 stl in 22 min vs. Louisville
JDunc686's picture

Why did you make a blank #6?

I didn't see that. I was using the numbered list feature and I guess I hit enter on accident

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

That Texas stat is impressive against Ridley, who is 6'9" and a whooping 285lbs. 

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Damn those are some impressive games. We might be a top five team with that type of production.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

JohnnyKozmo's picture

Am I missing something?  Since when does college basketball play games in the summer?

Hahaha, my bad man. It was supposed to be his shooting from the field

JohnnyKozmo's picture

Oh Dang, no worries.  HAHAAHAHAH.  Funny thing is, my wife saw that comment I made, last night, and was like "Why are you being such an ass?!"  I told her I wasn't, it's fairly common on here to just point out things like that.

Happy to see you didn't take it the way she did!

+1 HS

Now that's funny. It did look like the date of the game though. I'm not too experienced with writing basketball stat lines lol.

MacG91's picture

This would be awesome if he came to OSU. 

Mac..yeah

southbay's picture

I agree with Silver Bullet, a guy like this is really all we need.  Now if only Thad can convince the young man.  

Seattle Linga's picture

There has to be someone out there flying under the radar that will do well in our system.

bergy22's picture

That would be huge. Missed on Hood last year and that hurt more than we thought.

skid21's picture

I'd be excited to see Thad going after my grandma for the 5 spot. Sorry to see him do shit in recruiting a good big in the last several classes.

halfmile78's picture

Before everyone jumps on me, there is something I have to ask. Is there some reason Thad can't land a big man. I'm talking recently. I know he got Down, Kofus, Sullinger, etc. But it seems lately big men are avoiding Mata like the plague. Is there a perception out there that big men won't be utilized effectively at OSU? I'm just asking.

Halfmile78

+3 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

I think that our current big men are utilized by Matta, but not utilized by their own self. If you are good, the ball will get to you and you will have opportunities to make plays and you will make those plays. If you are bad, you will still get the ball  and when you do get the ball you will drop it or miss the dunk.

LEBRON

halfmile78's picture

I meant Oden, for some reason it came out Down.

Halfmile78

Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks for that - I thought for sure I lost track of who played under Matta - I was like: 

Down - who is Down and when did he play, Must not have been that good - hahaha

Update: Lee trimmed his list to five: Ohio State, Indiana, Notre Dame, Louisville, and Iowa State