Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Crean: Dear Fans, I want you to know IJDGAF about you

TMac's picture
March 17, 2014 at 3:25pm
16 Comments

Not that I would expect Thad or Urban or any other coach to pay attention to twitter replys from the masses, but why do you type that ?!?!

tennbuckeye19's picture

Shouldn't the tweet also have said, "No need to follow me either. I'm Tom Crean. Why do you care what I have to say?"

+9 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Tough to get that in under 140 characters. Stupid Twitter...

And does anyone else find it odd that a Thanksgiving dinner with the Harbaugh family, he is still the least liked person at that table?

+6 HS
PittBuckeye's picture
No because how does anyone like this?

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Must have gotten caught in his zipper.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

We've got a bleeder!

+1 HS

He must be upset that more people hate Bert.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
GoBucks713's picture

Tom Crean makes me hate Dwight.

-The Aristocrats!

+6 HS
teddyballgame's picture

He's going to briefly talk to or give quotes to a guy whose entire job is to handle twitter.  He's not going to sit down and personally read and reply to fans...no coaches do that.  I think it's good to say what he did so fans don't waste their time if they're expecting a response. 

A lot of twitter is back and forth informal communication now, but it's still quite handy if you just want to publish some short statements.

Poison nuts's picture

Maybe, but wouldn't it have been a bit better to then say something along the lines of "I'll be unable to view or answer any responses"? Idk - something better than what he wrote - which reads as total arrogance. If I was a fan of that school & read that, I'd think he was an asshole...wait I already think that. But seriously, there's a better way to say what he did...even in only 140 characters.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I've read it once more, and I agree that it comes off as arrogant and antagonistic for no reason.  I still admire the honesty though at some level.  The person who operates his twitter handle definitely could have done a better job.

JakeBuckeye's picture

Crean's ability to get talented kids to play for him will forever baffle me. 

+1 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Crean mas made a habit of not listening to people he doesn't like.

Our Honor Defend!

+2 HS
mrspray's picture

At least Thad tried...

Knarcisi's picture

Yeah, but if I stuck my finger in my own ass, he'd smell it. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

DUDE - that is very disturbing on so many levels