Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Buckeyes Get #6 Seed in South

703Buckeye's picture
March 16, 2014 at 6:09pm
22 Comments

First round matchup with Dayton and a possible second round matchup with Syracuse. Dayton seems like a dangerous opponent, they will be hyped up to play the Bucks. Syracuse really concerns me, that zone is going to stifle an already mediocre Buckeye offense.

This south bracket is the bracket from hell... Florida, Kansas, New Mexico, Syracuse, VCU, and UCLA are all very good, if not great teams.

I see only one more win for the Buckeyes this season. Anything can happen but I just don't see it.

Deadly Nuts's picture

Syracuse has been playing terrible lately... Maybe they lose to WMU who is great from the three.

LEBRON

RedStorm45's picture

Dayton will win. Case closed.

-1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Somebody needs to go take a nice warm bath

LEBRON

+2 HS
RedStorm45's picture

Dayton > Penn State

-1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

MSU is also better than Penn State. Did that help them the last time they played Ohio State?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Deadly Nuts's picture

Pull your head out of your ass and feel the sunshine, it's tourney time.

LEBRON

-1 HS
RedStorm45's picture

Thanks for bumping this (??). Now I can see all the DVs for stating a fact.

703Buckeye's picture

OSU will still be a favorite and I think they will win. Dayton will give them a run but I doubt they win.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

Seattle Linga's picture

I think Red Storm works for ESPN

+2 HS
Buckeye Chuck's picture

Saying we're only going to win one more game isn't a dramatic statement. Barring upsets, we're only going to be favored to win that first game.

The draw always looks more tough when you're seeded a little lower.

The most "loud mouth, disrespect" poster on 11W.

+1 HS
gm3jones's picture

Tough opponent. This will not be a cake walk for sure. Better bring it guys! I say we squeek out a win-- 72-69

There is nothing more remarkable as learning to think better.

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

I still don't get how these brackets are set up. The south is a killer and the midwest looks good but east and west look kinda crappy.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

I really think our guards shut down Sibert.

Seattle Linga's picture

He'll be done by halftime

Deadly Nuts's picture

A match with Cuse could end in one of those 35-30 games.....

LEBRON

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

All 35 will be scored by Ross.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

So you're saying we make it to the Sweet 16 - I like your style Vs.

+2 HS
mrspray's picture

I need to watch some Dayton footage - Sibert played so little with OSU, and they get so little nat'l coverage, that I've only seen one play this year I think... Anybody got any good highlight links on Dayton?

Zimmy07's picture

In the unlikely event we can beat Cuse's 2-3 zone we get rewarded by playing Kansas.  That sounds like 2012.

TheShookster's picture

You know, I was stressing about this game. But I'm starting to feel better about it. Not only is this team amazing when they play in desperation mode, but the entire roster (minus the freshman) has at the very least Elite 8 experience. The only player Dayton has with any NCAA Tournament experience is Sibert, who kept the bench warm during OSU's Final Four run. OSU has been to the tournament 6 years in a row. 

Ohio State has the tournament experience, and a super beast mode that is activated when their season/tournament lives are on the line, or when they are down by 18. Most of the time you see the big upsets in tournaments, I feel like is when you have a group of hot shot young players who blazed through their season and meet up with a low seed yet veteran team in the tournament. This OSU team is about as veteran as it gets. They're not going to give up, they aren't going to get flustered, they've been there before and if they can even shoot the ball halfway decently, the Sweet 16 is not at all impossible. Let's do this.

UncleShookster's picture

Shookster

dont know how you could cheer for the buckeyes against your own alma mater.  Especially after old man shookster shelled out all that money for a UD education. Just because your engaged to a buckeye doesn't mean you are a buckeye.  For example, old lady shookster and aunt shookster married buckeyes, but I don't think they are buckeyes.  Old man shookster must have never shown you his autographed pennant from the 67 NCAA final.  

-1 HS