Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

How many wins left in Aaron Craft's career?

zhamilton05's picture
March 11, 2014 at 10:58am
34 Comments

What kind of postseason run does this tOSU squad have in it?

Likely wins: over Purdue in the first round of the B1G tournament, and over a #11 or #12 seed in the NCAA tournament

Possible wins: over Nebraska in the second round of the B1G tournament, and over a #3 or #4 seed in the NCAA tournament

Conceivable, but unlikely wins: over Michigan in the semifinals of the B1G tournament (and then over MSU or Wisky or Iowa in the B1G finals), and over a #1 or #2 seed in the Sweet Sixteen

So let's set the over/under on number of wins left in Aaron Craft's college career at 3. Over, under, or push?

FROMTHE18's picture

going to give us 2. I think we win the first round match up in the B1G tourney, I think we win the 1st round match up in the NCAA tourney. 

Doc's picture

Not enough.

"Say my name."

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Wasn't he the 6th man in when he was a freshman - I'm gonna miss him.

DCBucki's picture

No, he basically started his Freshman year. He came off the bench some times, but averaged 29.2 minutes per game and that number was in the mid 30's at the end of the season. For the most part, he started with Sully as the other Freshman. Line-up was Sully, Craft, Lighty, Diebs and Buford. Coming off the bench was Dallas Lauderdale and Deshaun Thomas. They probably list Lauderdale as the starter, but he barely broke double digit minutes.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

Hovenaut's picture

Damn.

I'm really not ready for this conversation.

+1 HS
Chise47's picture

4; 2 in the B1G tournament, 2 in March Madness.

Pure determination.

OldColumbusTown's picture

Over.  I'll say 5 wins.

Thad Matta wins in March.

+2 HS
BoFuquel's picture

3: GO BUCKS!

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

+1 HS
TheShookster's picture

However many games it takes to win the Big Ten Tourney and to win the NCAA Championship. I will not allow myself to have realistic expectations.

+1 HS
daveyt11's picture

2 ... 1 in BIG, 1 in NCAA

Seattle Linga's picture

boy I hope you're wrong

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

6 wins left and Aaron cements his legend in Buckeye folk lore forever.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

InTressITrust's picture

I am saying 10

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+1 HS
Urbanmania's picture

I think they get 4 wins. I think this team will fight a little harder to postpone the end of Craft and Smiths' careers.

Urbanmania's picture

After today's performance, I really think we only have one more win in us.

zhamilton05's picture

For me, going from 3 to 4 wins is the tipping point for a successful postseason. But my semi-realistic dream scenario for the Buckeyes is winning the B1G tournament, then making a 5th straight Sweet Sixteen before losing close to a #1 seed.

+1 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

I have the faith! I'm looking forward to a run in March!

OSU069's picture
+1 HS
halfmile78's picture

I'm a going say 4. (And pray)

Halfmile78

Mortc15's picture

Over. I think they may get to 3 in the Big Ten alone. I have a good hope that the run of consecutive sweet 16s can continue as well so I'll say a total of 5.

Buck-I4Life

OSUFlash's picture

3 and he goes out diving to the bitter end. Thanks for the memories Aaron.

osuflash

+1 HS
Josh P's picture

This topic legitimately saddens me.  Over though, I'm really not afraid of Nebraska or Michigan in the B10 tournament.  

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

We can beat Nebraska as long as we gaurd Pettiway or however you spell it. We should have beaten Michigan in Columbus, so we can beat them.  If we play our best ball, we are the best in the Big10. Its a shame we've only played our 'best ball' on rare occasions.  I believe in this team and a sweet 16 is very possible. Im going to say 6 wins.

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

The 2nd half we played against Minny was the best half we played all year - If we can duplicate that - we should go very far.

DCBucki's picture

Really, it depends on which team shows up. They are capable of running through the BTT and win two in the NCAA's, but the B1G is tough this year, and you never know in the NCAA's. I will say over (4 to be exact) to be safe.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

buckeyestu's picture

All the way to the National Championship Game and the Buckeyes win that with an unlikely Aaron Craft 3 pointer with .001 left on the clock.

Go1Bucks's picture

I absolutely LOVE your optimism.  Hold that thought, I need to go to the liquor store.

:-P

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
buckeyestu's picture

Why not the Buckeyes? I  love my Buckeyes.

Go1Bucks's picture

Im agreeing with you, need the alcohol to prevent the heart attacks while watching the games.

Go Bucks!

OSUFlash's picture

I'll still stick with 3 but after yesterdays meltdown getting past Nebraska today is a long shot which means they need to win 2 games in the NCAA which may be even a longer shot. However, as Mr. Owl says, "three."

osuflash