Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

What Kind of Buckeye Fan are You?

+25 HS
Potatodigger's picture
April 19, 2016 at 11:29am
168 Comments

Take this patent-pending quiz to find out. Select the answer that best describes your feelings on each issue and record the number associated with your answer. Add the numbers together at the end to find out what kind of Buckeye fan you are.

• How closely do you follow recruiting?
  1. I can't stand recruiting. Too much drama nowadays. Wake me up on signing day.
  2. I read the Hurry Up and try to stay informed, but I don't get too worked up about any of it.
  3. I can't get enough. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some high school kids' tweets to decipher.
  • What do you think of black jerseys?
  1. Lame gimmick befitting of a school like Louisville; not a program with as rich a tradition as Ohio State. We should stick to Scarlet and Gray.
  2. I could not care less what we wear as long as we win.
  3. I love the black jerseys. We should wear them more often and continue to develop other alternate uniforms. Whatever it takes to stay relevant with high school kids.
  • What do you think when Ohio State players "dab" or "run off da plug (twice!)" after scoring a touchdown?
  1. Run off the what? I wish players would just hand the ball to the ref and act they they've been there before.
  2. Doesn't bother me. As long as they're scoring, that's all that matters to me.
  3. I love it. Celebrations show emotion. 
  • A kid has been committed to Ohio State for over a year when coaches ask him to take a grayshirt to make room for other players at his position. Fair or foul?
  1. If Ohio State wasn't sure that they wanted this kid, they shouldn't have accepted his commitment when they did. There's no excuse for effectively pulling a kids' scholarship offer.
  2. It may not be a great look, but this is business.
  3. Go find someone else's shoulder to cry on. Kids break their commitments all the time so I have no problem with Ohio State doing the same thing.
  • Who would win a hypothetical matchup between the 1968 Buckeyes and the 2014 Buckeyes?
  1. It wouldn't even be close. The 1968 Buckeyes are one of the all-time greatest teams.
  2. This is stupid. There's no way to know so why even speculate?
  3. Athletes nowadays are so much bigger, stronger and faster than they were 40 years ago that the 2014 Buckeyes would easily beat the 1968 version.

Results:

5-7 points: You are officially an old-timer. Children should be warned not to play on your lawn.

8-12 points: You are the Toyota Camry of Buckeye fans. Sensible, but not very exciting or interesting.

13-15 points: Congratulations, you are a millenial. I would tell you to be proud of yourself, but I'm sure you already are.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 168 Comments