Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

The Ohio State Buckeyes official logo

0 HS
Awkward Harbaugh's picture
March 22, 2015 at 5:34pm
40 Comments

Does anybody else think it's time for a refresh?

I don't know how long it's been, maybe 17-20 years, but I believe it's time for a new logo. I was never a fan of the "athletic O" myself. I like subtlety, so I actually prefer the "block O" versus the "athletic O". 

But, for a new logo, maybe there's a way to incorporate the Buckeye into the design. Or the shape of state of Ohio, or Brutus, and more of the color gray. 

Not a lot of schools have gray as their secondary color. It's unique, and should be utilized more. Red (scarlet in our case) & white is pretty blah. Especially in the B1G, with all the red: Nebraska, Indiana, Wisconsin, Rutgers, Maryland. That's a whole other discussion --- getting more gray in the unis (for basketball mainly) and on the floor at the Schott.

But, anyways, I suck at art, design, etc.. Maybe somebody with artistic talent can come up with a nice new design for tOSU's official athletic logo?  I think we need something new and sleek, but at the same time, not too "busy". Something fresh.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments