Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

An Open Letter

0 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture
December 7, 2014 at 1:31am
8 Comments

Dear Ohio State football players/fans/coaches/family-

No matter what happens from here, where the Playoff Committee places us, I am so proud of this team. I can not remember a time where our beloved Buckeyes have overcome more. No matter what happens from here, we have witnessed greatness. We are all blessed to be witnesses of the season our Scarlet and Gray soldiers have given us.

A season that was all but given up on before it even began thanks to an untimely injury to a true Buckeye, Braxton Miller, was super-glued together by a redshirt freshman superstar named JT Barrett. An offensive line that was pulverized by a certain Virginian nightmare, has forged itself into a virtually impenetrable wall. A running game that was supposed to be adequate at best after losing a stud named El Guapo (along with a Heisman-hopeful QB) became a terror because our stable of young running backs decided they will not be denied. Our receiving corps gave us earth-shattering blocking, jaw-dropping receptions, and highlight reel touchdowns. Our tight ends proved to the nation that they are not only relevant, but they are to be feared. And, top to bottom, our defense reclaimed their rights to be worthy of the death of thousands of werewolves because they proved, once and for all...they are Silver Bullets.
This coaching staff, our players, and even us, deserve a spot in the playoffs. No team has overcome more. No team has proven it more. No team has shown they wanted it more than us. With our 3rd string QB, after the death of a member of the Buckeye family, amidst rumors of coaches leaving, we showed the entire country that we are Ohio State. As the underdogs to a very skilled football team, we dominated every facet of the game to become Big Ten champions.
No matter what happens to this team from here, one thing is crystal clear: This is a group of young men that we should be so very proud of. Today, I witnessed "next man up" in a way I never thought possible and I am proud to be a fan of this team. I hope all of my Buckeye brethren feel the same. Tonight, we are champions.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments