Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics discussion.

One Band member's opinion

HYDEYOKIDS's picture
July 28, 2014 at 8:53pm
9 Comments
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

The link isn't working for me.

Class of 2010.

HYDEYOKIDS's picture

Weird it didn't work for me the first time. The second and subsequent times it opened fine.

Go1Bucks's picture

Did not work for me, besides this thread was done to death a couple of days ago.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
HYDEYOKIDS's picture

I tried editing it though it still works inconsistently. You can also find the article by googling former band member named in tbdbitl speaks. Just an interesting describing a female band member and her feelings on the bands practices as well as her nickname.

cajunbuckeye's picture

And that's...the rest of the story. I'm outraged that this former member was not sexually harassed during her time spent in TBDBITL.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+1 HS
HYDEYOKIDS's picture

Point taken. She was more angry about how the media had taken her nickname which she was fine with and others knew she was fine with and used it in their portrayal of the band without her opinion. More of how many reports use information gathered about members or people without the thoughts of those in question. I just found the report interesting, not on the bring Waters back team.

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

I wish that I could manufacture more emotion on this subject. I understand that no matter how grown up college students believe they are, they have the capacity to act like they're 15 at any second. I'd be more understanding to the "change the unacceptable culture crowd" if 60 or 70 band members were kicked off as well. If my children get out of control, I'm not going to blame the baby sitter.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+3 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

It's refreshing to read thoughts from those defending the organization. I don't believe it will change anything, but I think it can vindicate Waters with the alumni. 

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS