Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

Brackets released for 2014 NCAA Wrestling Championships

0 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture
March 13, 2014 at 3:53am
7 Comments

A total of eight Buckeyes will be competing in the NCAA Championships which kick off next Thursday.

Ian Paddock was given an at large bid & will be joining the seven who earned automatic spots in the Big Ten championships.

Five Buckeye wrestlers are seeded:
#1 Nick Heflin - I can't overstate how huge this is! Congratulations to Nick on putting together one heck of a season. He's really stepped it up this year at a much better weight for him.

#2 Logan Stieber - To be honest I'm still a little ticked off by the lack of respect that Logan has been given this year. He has destroyed everyone he has wrestled outside of a single loss that came at the end of a long bus trip while he had the flu.
Mitchell Port is undefeated but he hasn't wrestled nearly as tough a schedule as Stieber and he hasn't been as dominant within that schedule.

Devin Carter is apparently back from his injury at a #4 seed and if he is close to form I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in the finals.

The other seeds are all right about where you'd expect:
#9 Johnni DiJulius
#10 Kenny Courts
#14 Mark Martin

Nick Roberts opens with #5 seed Dylan Peters of UNI (31-4)
Ian Paddock gets Oklahoma State's #11 Josh Pindig (20-8)
Nick Tavannello has to wrestle his way in vs Ty Waltz from Virginia Tech (25-12) the winner will face #8 seed J.T. Felix, Boise State (23-3)

The full brackets can be found HERE

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments