Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics discussion.

Big Nut

cesmit's picture
February 17, 2014 at 4:32am
21 Comments

Eleven Warriors...what happened to the article you had posted about Jon "Big Nut" Peters, in which you trashed him? When I click on the link it now says, "ACCESS DENIED." What's up?

jeremytwoface's picture

Remember the guy who made that documentary and everyone complained about him featuring these so called "super fans"?

Yeah... This is a perfect example of why these super fans aren't truly the biggest Buckeye fans out there.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+4 HS
BassDropper's picture

That would be the perfect topic to bump if we still had the old site. I wonder what that guy is thinking now?

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

"I wonder if they'd recognize me if I re-registered as MindTripletMedia?"

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

Ben Axlerod has been putting the guy on blast for the past hour. 

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
OSU2002Grad's picture

My guess is that 11W did not follow proper journalistic protocol on the story. I didn't consider it much of a story anyway, except to the extent that it made fun of Big Nut and the superfans in general - all of whom I despise with the fiery hot passion of a thousand suns.

So to the extent that retracting the story makes Big Nut look like a victim, I am a little angry at 11W. This guy is a media and camera whore, along with the rest of the super fan idiots. And deserves to be properly ridiculed at every turn.

-2 HS
NoVA Buckeye's picture

I don't like it either, but journalistic integrity said to pull the story. I can't blame them.

The offseason begins when your season ends. Even then there are no days off.

+3 HS
BucksFan2000's picture

I don't understand the "super" fans, but (1) I wish the cameras would steer clear of them and focus on student sections instead and (2) when what you're wearing is blocking someone's view, maybe re-evaluate your life.

+3 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

There's only one original "super fan" and he didn't need front row seats to support his team.  RIP Neutron Man.

+7 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Amen brother.  Neutron Man was legit and stood on his own, in a time when this self promoting, be seen in the front row, costume, gimicky, look at me schtick was not en vogue.

It was a sad day when he passed away and I still remember the tribute and moment of silence for him...though I dont remember the exact game (booze).

+6 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

Neutron Man was legit and stood on his own

Actually, he never really stood on his own...

(+1 to you)

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

Chief B1G Dump's picture

EDIT:  This comment was so nice, the net though it needed to be posted twice!

+3 HS
OSU2002Grad's picture

Always enjoyed Neutron Man. He was a man of the people. Not some cartoon character or camera whore. He was exactly who held himself out to be.

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Nice gif - that brings back some good memories.

GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Neutron man was the only superfan I ever felt was cool or acceptable, all the guys after him were sort of rip offs and took themselves too serious imo.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

"Big Nut" & "Buck-I-Guy" are good guys with big hearts. Huge OSU fans like you & I.

Let's not loose sight of this, fellas. Instead of worrying what people think of our fanbase, let's be thankful.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Of the people who have had an encounter with these guys, 2 out of 3 have a less than pleasing experience based on what I have read here.  I'm a huge OSU fan also, but I don't have to wear clothes that scream "Look at me!  Look at me!", I don't have to be on TV, I don't have a sense of entitlement, I don't sit in the student section (it's for students, hence the name).  I can go on, but you get the point.

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+1 HS
Hetuck21's picture

TV crowd shots: Southern Belles > Men with face paint  

SEC 1, B1G 0.....just saying

+2 HS