Just thought we'd make a forum of the fans thoughts from week one. What we liked, where we need to improve, and our expectations for week 2. Here's my thoughts I wanna hear what you guys think too Go Bucks!!!
We'll start with the positives first:
- Braxton Millers throwing ability is night and day better from last season. Our receivers did a much job of getting open and catching the ball as well. Glad to see Fields get 2 TDs and Guiton get his chance to shine. I've never been more proud of a backup QB.
- Jordan Hall impressed me running the ball. I'll admit when I'm wrong I bashed him on some other threads he looked impressive. I'm curious to see how the carries will be distributed once Smith and Hyde are back. I don't see us having a 1000 yard rusher with this many good RBs on the team.
- I loved the 2 point conversions. Its going to strike fear in our opponents that we have this capability on special teams with Guiton. Also will take time away from their offensive and defensive preparations to prepare for this.
- I liked how our defense played on third down Buff converted only 3/14 3rd downs.
- Doran Grant played real well. He's going to be a very good corner to have opposite of Roby
- I thought Bosa and Hill got after it when they were in the game I'm excited to see them grow as players this year
- Taylor Decker played like a Sophomore. Could have been it was his first start but the Buffalo defense exposed him with Mack and other players. I do give Mack credit he is a hell of a player
- Reeves had a shakey game as well. I'm glad he got some experience with the start, but he's got some learning and improving to do.
- Speaking of corners I was not happy with our corners playing 8+ yards off the ball at times. Makes it easy for the WR to run their routes and hard for our pass rush to get to the QB.
- After the first quarter I thought we played average football. I understand it was a hot one, just seems like the guys were flat. The O line didn't seem as dominant either.
- I wanna see our boys come out and play a full game of football and expose SDSU expecially after they got blown out by a FCS team.
- Braxton continue to improve with his reads and our receivers continue to get better
- Hall keep running hard and Smith to get some good touches
- Taylor Decker improve his pass blocking and learn from the previous week
- Our defense to play tighter coverage on the outside with Roby and Barnett back in the secondary giving our D-line more of a shot to get sacks.
- Wilson to get better and use the fumble as motivation.