I re-watched the game on Sunday and had a few observations that I'd like to share or discuss.
1. Kenny Guiton makes better reads than Braxton Miller. The read and speed option plays and reads looked much quicker and sharper with Kenny.
2. The more rotation on the defensive line the better. It seemed like we got a lot more pressure this week and substituted a lot. A lot of our backups played very well.
3. Late in the season Dontre Wilson will be a great on the field weapon...without the ball in his hands. In the first couple games when Dontre Wilson is on the field the ball is almost certainly going to him. I think late in the season we can exploit opposing defenses who will over commit to defending him.
4. Rod Smith/Carlos Hyde needs to play RB. I love Jordan Hall but he is not an inside runner. We get 2-3 more yards when Rod Smith is running in the middle.
5. We need to attack more on the edge/outside. Watching Kenny and Dontre Wilson/Hall/Elliot running the speed option on the edge was a thing of beauty. San Diego State had the angle and the play diagnosed at times but were still helpless to stop it. I'd like to see us exploit our speed advantage more.