Re-watched the game and figured I'd share my observations.
1. The offensive line can flat out dominate. We had trouble with Khalil Mack in the first game, but ever since they have been on a tear. Many times against the Cal defensive from the Buckeye linemen were driving their defenders backwards and getting combo blocks up field. Cal might not be a good defense, but they have athletes and ours dominated theirs.
2. Speed is not an issue in Columbus. Not that it ever has been, but with the added dimension of Dontre Wilson and the soon to return Braxton Miller I think we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg of how fast our offense can operate.
3. Devin Smith and Philly Brown have become way better route runners, and many times they created separation by simply running precise routes.
4. Tackling in space has gotten better, but its still a concern. I thought some players did very well, while others did not. Barnett, Bryant, Doran Grant and Shazier looked very good. Reeves and Pittsburg had rough days. It was nice to see improvement from last season and hopefully it can improve as the season progresses.
5. Roby got caught napping a bit and it cost us a couple TD's. Roby looked brilliant on many plays, but got flat out beat on others.