Finally got around to making a scholarship grid for football team to address the questions about how many players we can take, scholarships limits, who's on scholarship and more. Feel free view and use this grid as you please to track our scholarship numbers.
- The maximum number of scholarships for the 2014 roster is 82 due to scholarship reductions. After 2015, Ohio State will be back to 85 total scholarships.
- No walk-ons are including in this list.
- The grid assumes no players will leave early due to entering the draft. This isn't set in stone as we know that players in their third year are eligible to enter the NFL draft.
- The grid assumes no transfers will occur or that players will violate team rules and be dismissed. While this isn't true, players may see the writing on the wall (buried on the depth chart) and leave the program. Hopefully, if players leave the team its under their own volition and not for breaking team rules or worst.
- The grid is set up such that it shows matriculation for a player on a four year college path via the colors.
- Italicize players have received a red shirt at some point in their college career.
- The cell number does not correspond to a the number of scholarships open. Example: Just because Johnston is in the 83rd cell does not mean we have 83 scholarships available.
- Each open spot corresponds to an open scholarship.
- Attrition Zone: As more players continue to be added to the class of 2014, they will eventually max out the open scholarship spots. Once this occurs, players will be placed in the attrition zone which means they will receive a scholarship after players above them enter the draft early or something else. If a recruit is in the attrition zone, do not freak out.
- The bottom of the grid displays the total scholarships available and the total number of scholarship players. The difference is the amount open scholarships before attrition.
- No Creaning
- Roster was checked against the roster on the team site and the Black Strip Blog.
Hopefully this helps answers most of the questions that people have in regard to the size of class and scholarship limitations. I'll try to manage the roster whenever we gain a recruit, lose a player and so forth. The grid above is a screen shot that I'll update at least once a week (if applicable). However, the link to the google document below will show interactive changes anytime something changes in regards to the roster. If any edits need to be made please point them out. Go Bucks!