I've been wondering what everyone's highest hopes would be if they could dream up the best possible Out of conference opponents for tOSU. Here's my top five:
1. Florida State- It's like Hercules vs. Hercules. Two of the most identifiable programs in the history of NCAA football going head to head would for sure be an incredible matchup.
2. Florida- As long as they're on the upside it'd be great to have UFM go down to his old stomping ground and beat the gators. Maybe on Tim Tebow appreciation night?
3. Tennessee- Again, it's a game that would only be good if the Volunteers were winning heading into it. Rocky Top fans are some of the most smug you'll see, and they're PISSED we got Von Bell.
4. USC- It would be AMAZING to get another crack at USC, especially how it went the last time we had a home and home with them. If Kiffin is still there, beating that dope is just the icing on the cake.
5. UCLA- Another Pac-12 team that is for sure on the come, and could be a power in the next couple of years. I like the matchup, and UFM vs. Jim Mora interests me as well.
Obviously Alabama is the big omission, and I decided not to put them on here because I feel like tOSU is on a course to collide with them in the BCS title game this year. Also I left out some traditional powers like Oklahoma, Oregon, and Texas because, obviously, they're already a part of the future OOC schedule for the Buckeyes.
I'm really pumped about the future matchups with the likes of Va Tech (an early season win against them could go along way seeing as how they are usually pretty overrated to begin the year), TCU (assuming they're still playing well but judging from the decent recruiting they do they should be solid), and even UC, nothing wrong with throwing a bone to a smaller in state program (even though they've given tOSU fits before.
Honorable mention for this list: Georgia, Boise State, Utah (Urb's old stomping ground again), Arizona (why not go drop another L on Rich Rod?), and Texas A&M (but I omit them because at this point we wouldn't be able to get a game against them with Johnny Football, it'd be great to shut him up).