Just wanna see what every thought of the spring game good and bad while its fresh in your heads. Here's what I thought
- Spence and Washington are going to be very special the next 2-3 seasons. If guys like Schutt Hale and Bennett play well, and guys like Marcus, Bosa, Lewis,Hill, Sprinkle, Munger, and Price develop are D line is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I feel bad for older guys like Moore and Miller who are going to get buried depth wise but it is what it is.
- C. Grant looks the starting LB part...so far. I loved what I saw he layed a few big hits got a sack. He keeps playing well him and Shazier are going to be a nice combo.
- Our 2 guys competing for RT got exposed but I think its more a plethora of talent at DE verse a lack of talent at tackle. Decker will be the starter by fall.
- Whether it was Whitfield or Herman or both Braxton looked a lot better. He looked like he was more aware in the pocket, his accuracy looked better, and it seemed he was much more confident throwing deep down field. He should be VERY fun to watch this year.
- Our WR looked better than last season. They looked like they were playing faster and more comfortable in the offense. Aside from C. Browns 7 yard wide open dropped pass, and M. Thomas getting some bad throws in the end zone we looked pretty good. I think Thomas is going to be a special guy in the future. Guys like Marshall, Clark, Corey Smith, Wilson, maybe even Conley should give us some solid depth.
- Guiton looked as good as you can get for a backup QB. C. Jones showed some flashes at times running and passing that he could be the future QB and give Barrett a run for his money.
- At time I forgot I was watching our 3rd and 4th team RB with Ball and Dunn. Ball had a few broken tackles that were impressive (one that comes to mind was when Perkins had him for a 3 yard loss in the backfield) but didn't break off the monster big run like I hoped he would. Dunn looked solid catching the ball out of the backfield and powering through defenders.
- Young guys: Apple was very impressive the kid should still be in high school had a few broken up passes and a sack. Powell looked good at the STAR. BLAKE THOMAS impressed me a lot. Had a big run where he dragged Perkins on his back and several other catches. Don't recall seeing much from Burrows, Sprinkle, Lewis.
- I liked what I saw from Basil punting, not so much kicking FG although he did make a 54 yarder after a few tries. To his credit though it was a tough wind he was kicking into and Urban was practically standing on the holder.