Urban spoke today at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Luncheon Club at Tozzi's in Canton on Monday. Highlights [some remarks edited out of the videos below] include:
- Brax is a 3.3 student. Got blitzed like heck the other day in practice and had some trouble keeping up [maybe our D is THAT good?].
- Devin Smith is having a heck of a spring.
- Mewhort's jersey may one day join Tebow's and Simon's on his office wall. Says Mewhort is one of the most "selfless, toughest human beings to play the game."
- Didn't plan to retain Fickell at first until Gene Smith recommended him and Urban sat with him and his wife talking about life for 4 or 5 hours.
- Referred to Tressel as a "good friend of mine." [That is the first time I've seen Urban make reference to his relationship with JT]
- Marvin Lewis will address the Buckeyes when they play the Spring game in Cincy.