The second to last update to the Rivals 100 gets updated at noon ET, which doesn't really matter, but let's be honest, we all need dumb stuff to distract us from the actual important daily tasks, it's human nature. With that, here's a review of the previous rivals 250, and I'll bump with updates when the new 100 and 250 lists are released this week.
Commits: All 4 star
- Bosa #25 - 6.0 (UPDATE: #51)
- Burrows #27 - 6.0 (UPDATE: #31)
- Woodard #29 - 6.0 (UPDATE: #28)
- Marshall #53 - 6.0 (UPDATE: #42)
- Hill #103 - 5.9
- Lisle #104 - 5.9
- Elliott #120 - 5.9 (UPDATE: #77)
- Barrett #124 - 5.9
- Baugh #146 - 5.9
- Price #160 5.8
- Thompson #195 5.8
UNRANKED: All 3 star
Gardner 5.5, Jacobs 5.7, Lee 5.7, Sprinkle 5.6, Lewis 5.8
Targets within 250:
- Mike Mitchell #32 moves to #30
- Trey Johnson #80 moves to #86
- D. McMillian #82 moves to #93
- Shelton Gibson #85 moves to #98
- Dave Dawson #165
- V Bell #171
- Kenny Lacy #175
- Quick #182
- Hearns #183
- Elder #215
Predictions: Look for Tracy Sprinkle to get a bump, though he won't be in the new 100, so we won't know until later this week. Bosa won't get his 5th star this time, but look for it to come in the final update after a solid all-star game performance. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zeke Elliott move into the top 100. Rivals analyst Marc Givler has had a chance to see Lisle and Price play this year, as well as Thompson, so a move up for these guys could be in the works.
Barrett may drop due to injury, and I predict that Burrows drops a bit. After some insane performances during the season, Marshall may move back towards regaining his 5th star, but I doubt it. Don't be surprised to see a large number of our commits drop a few spots a piece, this is the part of the year where establishing yourself early and staying consistent means that late bloomers can jump guys late in the process. Remember, dropping up to 20 spots is basically splitting hairs in recruiting.
UPDATE (12:15 ET 12/3):
- To summarize, Bosa drops 26 spots due primarily to injury, nothing to worry about.
- Woodard jumps one spot, and Burrows falls four as predicted, neither are significant.
- Marshall jumps 11 spots, as expected, not worth much, but shows that he's proved himself a little more during the season.
- Elliott, as predicted, leaps into the the top 100 at number 77.
- Shuffling with the non-committed guys isn't significant enough to mention. We'll find out more later in the week.