Breaking: '13 four-star PF Devin Williams has committed to West Virginia— Corey Albertson (@Corey_Rivals513) November 3, 2012
- Kyle Trout unofficially visits West Virginia
- Thaddeus Snodgrass unofficially visits Notre Dame
- Dareian Watkins & Jamarco Jones unofficially visits Purdue for the Penn State game
- Raekwon McMillan & Kc McDermott unofficially visits Florida
- Dominique Booth unofficially visits Cincinnati
- Josh Malone unofficially visits Georgia for its game against Ole Miss
- Jeb Blazevich unofficially visits Ohio State
- Brandon Simmons unofficially visits LSU
Rivals$--Nigel Hayes down to three '13 OH F Nigel Hayes
- Nigel is down to Ohio State, Stanford, and Wisconsin.
All-American Tony Stevens says he's solid with FSU (orlando sentinel)
Orlando Evans wide receiver Tony Stevens said Friday night after the Trojans clinched the Class 7A, District 4 title, that he remains solid with his commitment to Florida State's 2013 recruiting class.
"I'm still with Florida State," said Stevens, speaking publicly about his commitment for the first time since reports last month that he had decommitted from his Seminoles' pledge.
"Florida State's pretty good and they're picking up points. I just went to see them play this last Saturday."
The 6-foot-3, 175-pound Stevens had a 53-yard punt return for a touchdown in Evans' 43-25 district-clinching win over Lake Minneola.
Stevens said he still plans to take some official visits and that he has talked with FSU coaches about his intentions. He said he will likely visit Ohio State, Notre Dame, Louisville and Georgia.
Stevens was recently invited to play in the second Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl, which will be played Jan. 4, at the Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif.
"Being All-American means to me that all of my hard work has paid off," Stevens said.
The senior is known for his abilities as a top-notch wide receiver, but he has also been a key component on the Trojans' defense this season as a safety. He will join Daytona Beach Mainland LB Quinton Powell as area representatives in the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl.
Orlando Dr. Phillips QB Nick Patti, now at Boise State, represented Orlando in the inaugural Semper Fidelis game this past January.
Evans (7-2) has one regular-season game remaining against Wekiva, and then the Trojans will host a first-round Class 7A state playoff game against Orlando Edgewater (3-6) on Nov. 16. The winner of that game will face the winner of Leesburg-Oviedo.