4 star WR and Washington commit Demorea Stringfellow tells 247 that he will be visiting Ohio State this month.— jbook (@jbook37) November 13, 2012
BN $ - Top Jersey TE Visits Ohio State '14 NJ DE/TE Garrett Dickerson
- By BK...visited Michigan on Saturday and enjoyed it...toured OSU on Sunday and spent time with Coach Meyer...up to 11 offers with some at TE and others at DE.
Rivals $ - Four-star TE talks UM, OSU visits '14 NJ DE/TE Garrett Dickerson
- By Friedman...more of the same...says distance won't be a factor.
Rivals $ - 2014 star enjoys Midwest swing '14 NJ DE/TE Garrett Dickerson
- By Givler...enjoyed seeing Ohio Stadium...enjoyed getting to see his brother play (freshman WR at Northwestern) while he was at Michigan...says he's not real focused on recruiting as his team is in the playoffs.
Scout $ - Kief Talks Visit To The Big House '14 OH WR Derek Kief
- By Berk...visited Michigan last weekend...will visit WVU this weekend followed by OSU for The Game.
BN $ - Super Soph Considers Buckeye Offer '15 FL RB Jordan Scarlett
- Was surprised to receive an OSU offer at the same time teammate Skai Moore was getting his OSU offer...around 16 offers with no current favorites.
Scout $ - Noller Getting Plenty of Interest '14 CO C Trenton Noller
- Has early offers from Wyoming and Arizona; calls Stanford (academics) his dream school; also likes Michigan (architecture program) and Ohio State (due to friendship with O'Connor); Colorado (close to home) will also be in the mix, as well as Oregon, Washington, and UCLA.
Scout $ - Ohio's Top Uncommitted Prospects
- By The Bank....Names like Gibson, Munger, Worley, Peterson, Meadows, etc.
Florida State commitment still interested in Clemson (go upstate)
ATH Jacob McCrary of Miami committed to Florida State last July but has not shut down his recruiting. In fact, he remains very interested in Clemson. "Clemson was the first school to offer me and I'm very excited about Clemson and I like them a lot," McCrary said. "I"m very interested in other schools but I'm keeping them high on my list. I talk to Jeff Scott every week. They are recruiting me as a slot receiver and I like the offense. They have a great coaching staff." Clemson is second on the list to Florida State right now and he plans to visit Clemson unofficially in January. He plans to go to Florida State for the Florida game. McCrary said he will take his official visits next fall and make a final announcement at the 2014 Under Armour Game. He also has offers from Florida, Kansas State, Louisville, Marshall, Ole Miss, South Florida, UCLA, Notre Dame, Boise State and Ohio State. This season McCrary 12 catches for 311 yards and 7 touchdowns. He also plays cornerback and had 35 tackles with one interception.
Gareon Conley to visit Oregon, Ohio State (saturday blitz)
Michigan verbal commitment Gareon Conley (Massillon, Oh./Washington) stated Saturday that he will visit Ohio State and Oregon.
“I’m going to do it,” he told ESPN. “It’s still Oregon and Ohio State.”
As Wolverines fans know, players are not allowed to visit other schools after committing to Michigan. Any player who breaks that rule has their scholarship revoked. Expect Conley to lose his offer when he steps onto one of those campuses.
The 6-foot-1, 165-pound cornerback has flirted with this idea for a month, but now has officially confirmed the decision to visit other schools.
Conley’s high school team is still in the playoffs and he will not visit any schools until the season is over. He is expected to take visits this winter.
He has offers from Marshall, Northwestern and Ohio State. Oregon has not offered him yet.
He committed to Michigan Mar. 10.
Boarding House: Monday Edition (247sports)
Sayonara Sebastian? … The Buckeyes have decided not to bring in USC wide receiver commitment Sebastian LaRue (Santa Monica, Calif./Santa Monica) for an official visit. LaRue was planning to visit Ohio State the weekend of Nov. 24 for the Michigan game. However, LaRue called Urban Meyer close to two weeks ago and then spoke to Tom Herman last week and was told the Ohio State visit later this month is off. The OSU coaches did not close the door completely, but at least for now the visit has not been rescheduled for a later date.
Has OSU staff moved on from LaRue?
LaRue finishes up an official visit to Washington State today. He is also talking about possibly taking visits to Notre Dame and/or Texas A&M. LaRue says he would still make an official visit to Ohio State if the Buckeye coaches want him to. But at least for now it looks like the OSU staff has moved on.