Rivals$--Four teams sticking out for 2014 OL '14 MD OT Damian Prince
- Damian says Rutgers, Alabama, Ohio State and Florida State are recruiting him the hardest. He is the most comfortable with the coaches at tOSU and Rutgers.
Rivals$--Top 2014 LB visits Illinois '14 IL LB Clifton Garrett
- Clifton says he does not have a favorite and is hearing from schools all over the nation. He plans to announce at the Army All-American game.
BN $ - "He loves it down there..." '13 OH LB/S Chris Worley
- By BK...Coach Overton says Chris loves it at OSU but is still interested in Illinois, West Virginia, and Georgia Tech as well...he thinks OSU projects Chris as a SS.
Scout $ - How Strong is McMillan's Commitment? '13 FL LB Daniel McMillan
- By Simmons...says he is a Gator forever but will visit OSU for the Michigan game is will set-up a visit to Alabama...says he is a strong Florida commitment but just wants to take a couple visits.
Rivals$--Dawson's focus changes '13 MI OL David Dawson
- David says he has decided to stay closer to home and has a top three of MSU, tOSU and Wisconsin.
BN $ - Michigan Commitment Headed To OSU? '13 OH CB Gareon Conley
- Plans to take visits and fully expects Michigan to pull his offer...OSU and Oregon will get officials.
Rivals$--Stanley names top six '14 SC OL Donell Stanley
- Donnell has a top six of South Carolina, Clemson, North Carolina, Alabama, LSU, and Southern Cal.
This is usually the time of the year that some recruits get caught up in the scholarship number crunch. Three-star wide receiver Ishmael Hyman of Holmdel (N.J.) St. John Vianney may be facing this situation.
It seems as though Rutgers has informed Hyman that it is moving on, which has resulted in him scheduling an official visit to Old Dominion for this coming weekend.
He also has a visit scheduled to Kansas at this time, but don't be surprised if he ends up at Old Dominion when all is said and done. This will likely hurt Rutgers with Manalapan, N.J., wide receiver Saeed Blacknall because he and Hyman are very tight.
That doesn't mean Blacknall will end up at ODU because he will have a ton of very big offers before all is said and done, but things would be a lot easier for the Scarlet Knights if Hyman was on board recruiting him.
|Nebraska might make a big push for RB David Williams.|
After going into hiding for a while, DaeSean Hamilton is speaking again and though months have passed it still looks like Virginia and Virginia Tech are the front-runners. Both of those trips are likely to come after the season.
As of today, absolutely nobody close to Hamilton or either school has been able to get a good read on where he might be leaning. The big question is how open he is to schools other than those two.
While he once sounded like he would take all five officials, now that looks like less of a sure thing.
Several Midwest schools appear to be poised to make a push for 2014 offensive lineman Sam Mustipher out of Good Counsel.
He's likely to visit Notre Dame and Ohio State in the weeks and months ahead, and he's already got an offer from the Buckeyes who appear to be his leader. He doesn't seem to be in a rush, but a good visit to Columbus could strengthen their hold.
With his first visit to Arizona State already in the books, that leaves three spots still open. South Carolina and Nebraska are the most likely to receive a visit, while Ohio State is also a possibility if it doesn't fill a spot at the position by then.