Ohio State has reached an offer out to '14 GA DE Andrew Williams
Ohio State also reached out to Michigan verbal '13 OH CB Gareon Conley
- Indiana offers Kyle Trout
- Corey Smith rated 91 by 247Sports
- Corey Clement decommits from Pittsburgh & names Wisconsin as his leader
Scout$--Top N.C. RB likes Vols '14 NC RB Derrell Scott
- Derrell has South Carolina as his leader but says Florida State, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Alabama, LSU and Tennessee are close behind.
Scout$--One-on-one with 5-star Bell '13 GA DB Vonn Bell
- Good interview with a very grounded and humble young man...same top three but says anything could happen and he is not focusing on recruiting. Vonn likes Coach Meyer and says he will win anywhere.
Rivals$--Do the Bucks lead for Elder? '13 TN ATH Cornelius Elder
- Corn says the Buckeyes are his leader. He doesn't have other schools in any order.
BN$--Elder Has Memorable Weekend '13 TN ATH Cornelius Elder
- Corn is still considering Georgia Tech, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt. He is also considering playing basketball if he comes to tOSU.
Scout$--Webb Seeing UM in Different Light '14 MI DB Damon Webb
- Damon says this was his best visit to Michigan and it helped their chances.
Rivals$--Snodgrass impressed by Buckeye effort '14 OH WR Thaddeus Snodgrass
- Thaddeus loved the trip and feels comfortable in Columbus. He will visit PSU next week, ND for the Pitt game, and be back for The Game.
Rivals$--Saxton takes in Buckeye victory '14 OH CB Alonzo Saxton
- Not much...enjoyed the victory and crowd. Did not get to meet with coaches due to late arrival.
Rivals$--Five-star visit '14 GA LB Raekwon McMillan
- Following a good visit to Clemson, Raekwon says his leaders in order are Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia, USC and Alabama. He says he just has a good feeling with tOSU.
Snodgrass, Price ecstatic over OSU win (espn insider)
Thaddeus Snodgrass (Springfield, Ohio/Springfield) has seen it before. Billy Price (Youngstown, Ohio/Austintown Fitch) has grown accustomed to it as well. But Ohio State’s 29-22 overtime win over Purdue was special to each one as they took in Saturday’s game on unofficial visits.
Snodgrass has an offer from the Buckeyes. Price will be on the Ohio State roster next fall. Both left smiling after the team’s latest escape from certain defeat.
“I’d rank it a 12 out of 10 because they kept fighting back and kept that fire to bring them back,” said Snodgrass, who was also on hand for Ohio State’s 35-28 win over Cal.
Glover-Williams gives thumbs up to Guiton (espn insider)
Kenny Guiton has a fan in one of the biggest recruits from the Class of 2015. Eric Glover-Williams (Canton, Ohio/McKinley) already has interest from Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Oregon, Syracuse and UCLA, but nothing wowed him like Guiton’s performance on Saturday.
Glover-Williams was on hand at The Horseshoe to watch Guiton and Ohio State pull out a 29-22 overtime win against Purdue and soaked up every second of the heroics.
“I think he stepped up and did what he was able to do to give his team the win,” Glover-Williams said. “He came in during the clutch when his team needed him and made big plays.”
Corn Elder wowed by Ohio State, win (espn insider)
Almost immediately after Ohio State’s 29-22 overtime win over Purdue on Saturday, Cornelius "Corn" Elder (Nashville, Tenn./The Ensworth School) went to his official Twitter account and showed the Buckeyes some love.
Who could blame the ESPN 300 running back -- he’s ranked 238th overall -- after the way Ohio State came back to win?
When the Buckeyes drove 61 yards with 47 seconds left and converted a two-point conversion to send things into overtime, it was hard not to marvel at the 105,290 in attendance and cheer a little bit from his sideline seat at The Horseshoe.
Dante Booker says OSU still strong (espn insider)
Dante Booker (Akron, Ohio/St. Vincent-St. Mary) isn’t hard to find on the football field. He’s the ESPN Watch List junior making seemingly every tackle.
Whether it’s sacking the quarterback, grabbing an interception or virtually taking over the game defensively, Booker is in the backfield almost as much as the opposition’s running back.
But even he can be wowed.
Marcus Whitfield sees OSU undefeated (espn insider)
Consider Marcus Whitfield (Massillon, Ohio/Washington) a believer.
The 5-foot-11, 175-pound junior no longer sits on the edge of his seat -- well, at least he says he doesn’t -- when an Ohio State football game is in peril.
It doesn’t matter whether it’s a 1-point win over Michigan State, a 3-point victory over Indiana or an overtime thriller against Purdue, Whitfield knows the eventual outcome and enjoys the win.
ESPN 150 Gareon Conley nabs OSU offer (espn insider)
The Ohio State-Michigan game sits a little over a month away, but the Buckeyes stoked the fire just a little bit when they offered Gareon Conley (Massillon, Ohio/Washington).
The ESPN 150 cornerback -- he’s ranked 61st in the nation and ninth at his position -- has been a Wolverines commit since March 10, but that didn’t stop Ohio State from offering.