- Michigan has parted ways with David Dawson, Sam Webb reports, getting the story as we speak.
- Indiana offers Dareian Watkins
- Taivon Jacobs had two touchdowns, one receiving and one on a punt return as Suitland defeated Beltsville High Point 46-6.
- Notre Dame offers Josh Malone
- Josh Newburg of 247sports interviewed with Tony Stevens tonight, apparently he is a decommit. He will have a story w/ Stevens tomorrow morning on Noles247 that sheds light on whats going on.
Rivals$--Michigan visit affirms Jones' interest '14 IL OL Jamarco Jones
- Jamarcus was very impressed with Michigan and plans to visit Northwestern (Oct. 20), Wisconsin (Oct. 27), Notre Dame (Nov. 3), Michigan State (Nov. 10) and Ohio State (Nov. 24).
Rivals$--Sooners Impress Rivals100 Linebacker '13 TX LB Mike Mitchell
- Mike was obviously impressed by the Red River Shootout. However, his plan has not changed and he will take visits before deciding.
After playing his last game at home Friday, Ohio State commit Tracy Sprinkle (Elyria, Ohio/Elyria) took a second to look ahead at the 2013 recruiting class for the Buckeyes and liked what he saw.
“I think we have some pretty talented guys in this class,” the future defensive tackle for the Buckeyes said. “It could be one of the best classes Ohio State has had in a long time.
“Hopefully with Coach Urban Meyer and what he’s doing down there right now, we can come in and keep that up.”
Before tearing his ACL late in the 2011 season, ESPN Watch List wide receiver Shaq Davidson (Gaffney, S.C./Gaffney) had 29 catches for 683 yards and eight touchdowns, as well as a 99-yard kickoff return against Byrnes. The 6-foot-1, 175-pound junior worked hard in the offseason and once again is making plays for the Indians.
“It feels great being back on the field, and I feel like I am 100 percent. I just need to get the injury out of my mind,” Davidson said.
In eight games this season, Davidson has 151 yards passing, 278 yards rushing and three touchdowns on the ground, 340 yards receiving and two touchdown catches, and five kickoff returns for 161 yards. Davidson has had back-to-back games with more than 100 yards rushing since being moved to quarterback, a position he had not played since junior varsity football as a freshman. Eight programs have offered so far, and Davidson has an early top five. He discussed each program briefly.
Top 5 of Ohio State, South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina & Florida State (no order)