- Dominique Booth will be at the Iowa game on Saturday
- North Carolina offers Jonathan Hilliman
- West Virginia offers Artavis Scott
- Illinois offers Marshon Lattimore
- Georgia offers Jalen Hurd
- Washington State offers Mark Andrews
BN $ - Buckeyes Quickly Contact 4-Star DB '14 GA S Nick Glass
- By BK...watched the Miami (OH) game and has been in contact with the entire staff since 9/1...definitely plans to be at The Game.
BN $ - Lattimore: Offer I Always Wanted '14 OH ATH Marshon Lattimore
- By GH...has always wanted to play for OSU...enjoys playing on both sides of the ball.
Scout $ - Who tops Hurd's list? '14 TN ATH Jalen Hurd
- By Simmons...top five in order: Alabama, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, and Michigan Must have
Double Digit letters for Todd Kelly from FSU and OSU
Linebacker Clifton Garrett is projecting to be a big time 2014 prospect in the world of college football recruiting—currently a 5-star recruit according to the 247Sports composite ratings—and it appears as if Ole Miss has decided to take the lead and become the first team from the SEC to make an offer to the junior.
David Johnson of 247Sports reports on the offer:
Ole Miss dropped an offer on one of the nation’s top linebacker prospects in the 2014 class Tuesday.
The Rebels offered Plainfield (Ill.) South High School inside linebacker Clifton Garrett. The 6-2, 215-pounder is rated as the nation’s No. 2 inside linebacker prospect in the Class of 2014 and the No. 1 rising junior in the state of Illinois.
This is a strong push by The Rebels but unfortunately for them, their offer isn't really the big story coming out of this situation. The more interesting story comes from the quote Garrett gave to Rebels247 regarding the SEC, according to Johnson's report:
“I love the SEC. It’s one of the top smash-mouth conferences in the nation,” Garrett told Rebels247 on Monday.