- Delton Williams names Michigan State his leader
- Michigan visits Kyle Trout
- Oklahoma offers Kc McDermott
- USC offers Andrew Brown
- Tracy Sprinkle made eight tackles including a sack and three for loss as Elyria defeated Parma Heights Valley Forge 49-20.
- Jalin Marshall carried the ball 18 times for 153 yards and two TD's and completed 3 of 8 passes for 81 yards in Middletown's 27-26 loss
BN $ - Buckeye Offer: 'I was so excited..' '14 PA S Montae Nicholson
- By BK...talks about how he received the offer from Coach Meyer and Coach Fickell...wants to visit for another game as well as get to games at Penn State, Rutgers and Michigan.
If the Pitt football program is to land a few of the top players in the WPIAL this season, it looks like its top competition might come from Ohio State.
Ohio State has signed nine players from the WPIAL since 2004, and recent recruiting news shows the Buckeyes again are in the hunt for a few top players in the district.
Central Valley's Robert Foster, ranked among the top receivers in the country, has narrowed his list of colleges to three -- Pitt, Ohio State and Alabama.
Belle Vernon offensive lineman Dorian Johnson had said before the season that Pitt and Ohio State were his top choices, but now he is considering Virginia Tech, too. Johnson committed to Penn State earlier this summer but changed his mind after the school was hit with NCAA sanctions.
Ohio State already has commitments from 17 players and reportedly will be able to take only 20 to 22. Will they have scholarships left for Johnson and Foster if the two wait months to make a decision?
Ohio State also has showed interest in Clairton receiver Tyler Boyd, but the Buckeyes have not offered him a scholarship. Pitt is one of Boyd's top schools. He made an unofficial visit to West Virginia this past weekend with Monessen quarterback Chavas Rawlins, who already has committed to the Mountaineers.