- Ezekiel Elliott commits to play in the U.S. Army All-America Bowl
- C.J. Reavis names Virginia Tech his leader
- FWIW: 14 WR Johnnie Dixon posts on FB a photo of letters from Ohio State, Georgia, Mississippi State, Louisville and Washington.
- Michigan State offers Kyle Trout
- '14 NJ OL/DL Quenton Nelson has been offered by Ohio State per Brian Dohn
- Devon Allen names UCLA his leader
Scout$--Seven in the Hunt for North '13 NC WR Marquez North
- Marquez is focused on Clemson, Florida, Georgia, LSU, North Carolina, Ohio State, and Tennessee. He is planning official visits to Florida, Georgia, LSU, Ohio State, and Tennessee.
Rivals$--Jones makes first game visit '14 IL OL Jamarco Jones
- Jamarco loved his visit to Michigan State. He plans to visit Northwestern and Notre Dame in the coming weeks.
Rivals$--Watkins enjoys visit to Michigan State '14 OH ATH Dareian Watkins
- Dareian loved his visit and the facilities. He is definitely not in a hurry and will take more visits throughout the season..
Scout$--Sparq Champ Still Looking '13 TX LB Mike Mitchell
- Mike says he will definitely visit tOSU and Oregon before making a December(ish) decision. He is also very interested in Alabama, TCU and Texas A&M.
Big Ten all over 2014 OL/DL Brian Allen (espn insider)
It was an up-and-down weekend for Brian Allen (Hinsdale, Ill./Hinsdale Central), though much of it was down for the 2014 two-way lineman.
His high school team suffered its first loss of the season Friday after blowing a halftime lead. He was hoping his visit to Michigan State on Saturday would cheer him up, but it only made it worse.
“They didn’t play too hot, either,” said Allen, who has an offer from the Spartans.
He will be visiting OSU Oct. 6th
Daniel McMillian is going to give the Buckeyes a chance.
Shortly after former WR coach Aubrey Hill resigned from the University of Florida, a few recruits de-committed. One person who reportedly re-opened his recruitment was McMillian, a top linebacker prospect in the class of 2013.
It appears Hill’s resignation had no real influence on McMillian’s decision to consider visiting other schools, including Ohio State and Alabama. In fact, he may not have a whole lot of interest in going anywhere but Florida.
The 6-2, 220-pound linebacker out of Jacksonville, Fla. has publicly reaffirmed that his commitment to the Gators is still solid, but the 4-star plans to take a few official visits this fall. As of now, the only official visit he has mentioned is to Ohio State, where he has been in contact with former Florida coach Urban Meyer, as well as OSU defensive coordinator Luke Fickell.
With the de-commitments of Alex Anzalone and Lewis Neal, the 2013 recruiting class is still relatively void at the linebacker position. Mike Mitchell has shown interest but Urban and company would love for this Florida middle linebacker to be the first real LB prospect in the 2013 class.
Do the Buckeyes have a chance to land this Rivals 100 prospect? He recently took some time to answer questions from the-Ozone.
OLB Courtney Love still a Cornhusker (espn insider)
When Courtney Love (Youngstown, Ohio/Cardinal Mooney) was spotted at Saturday’s Ohio State game against Cal, speculation went haywire regarding the outside linebacker possibly having interest in the Buckeyes again.
The 6-foot-1, 225-pound Nebraska commit made it clear that wasn’t the case when he said not to read anything into it.
He didn’t talk to Ohio State coaches and the school isn’t recruiting him anymore.
"I was just there as a fan, to watch a football game with my family and my teammate Marcus McWilson (also a Nebraska recruit)," Love said. "My dad got the tickets."