Not sure if this has been discussed on here previously, but have been thinking about it, and then someone on the ESPN Blog asked the question.
Can OSU be the AP National Champion, ala the 2003 USC team? The answer is "Yes, they can". But what will it take?
Obvious answers are:
- Finish 12-0
- Dominate every team they face (Especially Wisconsin, Michigan State, Nebraska, TTUN)
- TTUN has to beat Alabama
- Penn State have a good year
- Purdue, TTUN, and Michigan State beat Notre Dame (And then Noter Dame beat USC)
- Michigan State be the only loss that Boise State suffers
- OSU beat an 11-0 TTUN team by 20+ points on Nov. 24th.
What else will need to happen?