- Eli Woodard ran a 4.63 40 at 'The Opening'
- Jalen Ramsey ran a 4.54 40
- Cameron Burrows ran a 4.57 40
- Quin Blanding ran a 4.73 40
- Ezekiel Elliot ran a 4.46 40
- Mike Mitchell ran a 4.45 40 and recorded a 40.3-inch vertical
- Levonte Whitfield ran a 4.37 40
- Brice Ramsey ran a 5.1 40
- Taquan Mizzell ran a 4.57 40
- Jayme Thompson ran a 4.52 40
- Marcus Baugh weighed in at 236lbs at The Opening ran a 4.8 40 Rooming with Jake Butt
- DE Tyquan Lewis of N.C. says Ohio State & UNC stand out- Mom talks to Urban a lot
- Mike Mitchell not a matter of if but when he will commit, soon as tomorrow or within the next week
Rivals$--Bell details top seven (Vonn Bell)
- Vonn discusses his top seven schools and says Coach Meyer's career speaks for itself. He plans to take all five officials to gauge his relationship with the team, recruits, and coaches.
BN$--Tyquan Time At Ohio State (Tyquan Lewis)
- Tyquan says his Mom really likes Coach Meyer and they will be visiting soon. He hopes to commit in September and currently has tOSU, UNC, and LSU as his top 3.
BN$--Six standing out to Mizzell (Taquan Mizzell)
- Taquan wants to cut to three amongst Virginia, West Virginia, Clemson, and Ohio State. If he only cuts to five, Notre Dame or Miami will be considered. A pre-season decision is still planned.
Scout $ - Cooper Adds Another (Demetrius Cooper)
- By Long....Offered by Iowa State. Also hearing from LSU, Ohio State, UCLA, Cal & Syracuse. Plans on making a decision in September or October.
Rivals$ (6/18)--Competition for Mitchell gets serious
|Mike hasn't done much visiting this summer due to his brother's AAU basketball schedule but says Ohio State and Florida State are two of his top schools right now and he will be visiting soon.|
Numbers from The Opening today:
140.76 Sparq so far
Recruiting: Michigan State working on pair of top players for Class of 2013 (excerpt on dennis finley)
The 6-foot-6, 285-pound Finley recently returned from several recruiting trips that included stops into East Lansing, Michigan, Columbus, Ohio, Tuscaloosa, Alabama and Madison, Wisconsin. Finley currently holds scholarship offers from the Spartans, Buckeyes and Badgers as well at school such as Illinois, Purdue and Syracuse.
At one point it looked as if Finley was going to make an early decision, but the flurry of offers he received during June made him decide to take his time and weigh his options. He spoke with SpartanMag.com about his recruitment.
?It has been going great," Finley said. "I have visited each of the schools that have offered me and I liked what I saw at each one of them. They are all good schools. I am not sure at this point which one stands out the most. At Michigan State I like really like the coaching staff. I like how the coaches and the players were like an actual family."