- LSU offers Detroit Cass Tech 2014 CB Damon Webb
- Hearing UNC has replaced Clemson in Smoke Mizzell's top 3 after visit.
- 2014 RB Tony James has transferred from Gainesville Buchholz to Gainesville High, already has offers from UF, Miami, Ohio State
- Jeb Blazevich & Jalen Tabor attends Tennessee camp
- Quin Blanding unofficially visits North Carolina
- Quincy Wilson says he would like to try to make it back to OSU this fall and are "definitely one of my favorites"
Scout$ -- Meadows Definitely Has Two Visits Planned '13 OH OL Kyle Meadows
- Kyle Meadows will definitely visit Illinois and Kentucky. No mention of tOSU. Thinking we are done with Mr. Meadows.
Scout--FSU offers Deshaun Watson '14 GA QB DeShaun Watson
- DeShaun is definitely interested in the Noles.
Scout$--Watson's adding offers, taking visits '14 GA QB DeShaun Watson
- DeShaun says he is still committed to Clemson but is very interested in UGA and tOSU. He plans to visit Columbus for FNL.
Rivals$--Visiting soon '14 SC LB Kevin Crosby
- Kevin Crosby lists tOSU in his schools of interest but is heavily favoring Clemson and Alabama. Guessing Crosby is out of contention as well.
Scout $ - 2014 Tight End On The Radar '14 OH TE/DE Darryl Long
- By The Bank.....Has an offer from Ohio & is hearing from Michigan, Illinois, Louisville, Penn State, Ohio State & Michigan State.
BN $ - OSU OL Target May Soon Visit Again '13 MI OL Dennis Finley
- May visit for FNL but isn't' sure...recently visited Wisconsin and wants to get back to MSU.
Scout $ - A New List for Finley '13 MI OL Dennis Finley
- From the Wisconsin site.....Added Wisconsin to his top schools, to go along with Illinois, Michigan State & Ohio State.
Rivals$--More Big Ten programs interest Morgan '14 IL LB Nyles Morgan
- Nyles has offers from Illinois, Notre Dame and Purdue and interest in tOSU, Michigan State, and Michigan. He was told in Columbus that tOSU would be coming after him hard but also admits he grew up as a Michigan State fan.
Rivals Free---Class of '14 Ohio Rankings - Top 25 '14 OH OL Kyle Trout
- Kyle checks in as the #4 ranked prospect in Ohio's 2014 class.
BN$--Munger Mulling His Options '13 OH DT Donovan Munger
- Interview with Head Coach Jarvis Gibson....Donovan has improved his academic standing with a 23 ACT and will now definitely qualify. He is wide open right now but wants to make sure he only commits once. tOSU is still recruiting him heavily and he is still very interested.
Rivals$--Jones prepares to visit Ohio State again '14 IL OL Jamarco Jones
- Jamarco says he enjoys speaking with Coach Vrabel every week and is looking forward to FNL. He expects to attend games at Notre Dame, Ohio State, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Michigan State.
Rivals$--Devon Allen is ready to experience Michigan '13 AZ WR Devon Allen
- Devon will visit tOSU, ND, and then Michigan. After these visits, he plans to cut his list down to at least 10.
- Marshall tops the list.
As a junior, Derrick Green (Richmond, Va./Hermitage) ran for 1,500 yards and 20 touchdowns, often being taken out early because after helping his team build a comfortable lead.
The 6-foot, 215-pound running back picked up offer No. 34 last week, interesting enough, from the University of Georgia, a program where No. 34 is associated with one of the all-time great running backs in college history, Herschel Walker. The courtship between the Bulldogs and the ESPN 150 prospect really only started at the beginning of the month, which just happens to be right after the departure of tailback and returning SEC Freshman of the year Isaiah Crowell.
“Bryan McClendon reached out to me a couple weeks ago and then offered shortly after,” Green said. “Coach McClendon talked me about the depth at running back and how even though I would have to come in and work for my spot, that he felt I would be a great fit for their offense.”
Tyquan Lewis (Tarboro, N.C./Tarboro) came to Ohio State’s Senior Advanced Camp on June 10 hoping to impress Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer and grab a committable offer from the school.
Now, Meyer and Co. will need to impress Lewis’ mom, Tyronda Whitaker.
The 2013 recruit nabbed the scholarship offer he was looking for five weeks ago and will bring along Whitaker to Ohio State’s Friday Night Lights on July 27. Tyquan basically says this trip is more about Mom. If tOSU impresses her, we'd likely take the lead for him.
Ohio State is recruiting Clinton-Massie junior running back Bayle Wolf as an athlete, according to Clinton-Massie coach Dan McSurley.
Wolf, who is 6 foot and 200 pounds, rushed for 1,500 yards and 31 touchdowns last season for the Falcons.
Clinton-Massie was a Division IV state semifinalist in 2011. The Falcons had an 11-3 record.
At 6-foot-2 and 183 pounds, it's hard not to notice Jayme Thompson (Toledo, Ohio/Central Catholic) at his safety position. The idea that the 2013 Ohio State recruit, who is ranked 209th in the ESPN 300, didn't start on his high school team until last season makes it even harder. New to the game as a freshman, he didn't top the depth chart on the junior varsity squad as a sophomore -- except for special teams -- though he got some varsity time near the end of the season.