With 14 recruits right now and the magic number being 20, there are 6 spots remaining and I know this has been touched upon in the past, but with more news coming out and a clearer picture being made, here are my final 6 that I think will be a part of this class:
15. Mike Mitchell - This one I am 99% percent sold on that he will be a Buckeye. There wasnt much news about him until this past weekend where we all kept checking twitter or the 11w site to see whether or not he had committed yet or not after there was thought he might commit at the Opening. But now we must a couple weeks as he is planning his trip here to Ohio State prior to the gridiron kings. Whether it be on his visit or at the gridiron gangs, Mitchell will be the next commit for this class.
16. Tyquan Lewis - After hearing from the Opening that Ohio State is in his Top two and that Ohio State is recruiting him the hardest, it seems that Urban is still looking to take two linebackers. After earning his commitable offer a couple weeks ago and planning another trip to Columbus in the next month or so with his mother again (who seems to be talking to Urban almost every day) and his plan to make an announcement around or before September time, I believe that Lewis will be in the class soon enough.
17. Vonn Bell - After coming to Columbus twice on his own money, competing when he didnt need to, and working with the coaches, I feel like we have a very good chance at landing Bell. I believe that this is a two team race between OSU and Tennessee and I see us getting his commit in the end, which may take until signing day. He made good friends with Darron Lee while he was here, so I am sure that Lee is talking to Bell in joining him here at Ohio State and if we do get Bell's commitment, our secondary is going to be insane.
18. Levonte Whitfield - This past weekend there was news swirling around the Opening of a possible WR close to committing to OSU. The two names thrown out there was Samples and Whitfield. After Samples committed to Oklahoma State, one must think that the WR the talks were about was Whitfield. Whitfield came to OSU a couple weeks ago and earned his offer and his trip went very well and he got to meet a lot of the coaches and really enjoyed the campus. He is the type of receiver Urban wants, speed, great hands and can do wonders in the open field, as seen at the Opening. Urban had told other recruits to put the full court press on him, so look out for Whitfield to be a part of this class in the end.
19. Shelton Gibson - After we presumed to see his committment back in June, things soon changed when his grades were not up to par with his football achievements. We all know that if the coaches would have allowed him to commit, he would have already by now. So we must wait until after fall for coaches to see his progress and if he wants to be a Buckeye as many of believe he does, expect him and his parents to make sure it gets done this fall. With the grades comes the committment.
20. Derrick Green - Having grown up a Buckeye fan and wearing Eddie George's number, one must think that OSU is one of the favorites to land Green. Things are more wide open that we would have thought, but soon Green is coming to FNL and meeting the new staff for the first time. He has been in Columbus before, but has yet to meet the staff so look for things to change at FNL. If the staff wants Green they will get him. He is a strong, physical, and fast back and one that would compliment Elliot very much. This one will last till signing day as well i believe but look for it to happen.
There are 2 sleepers in this class that we have to keep an eye on: Ra'Shaad Samples and Marquez North
Ra'Shaad Samples - Even though Samples comitted to Oklahoma State this past weekend, I would not be completely sold on it and reports here on 11w said that if OSU were to get him on ccampus, OSU would have a serious chance of flipping him. If anyone saw his commitment this past weekend, one could say that it looked a little hesitant. He even went to say that OSU players that he made friends with were "his boys" or something like that and used Elliots had during the announcement. So look for this one through the end especially if he comes for a visit.
Marquez North - We have not heard from him much this recruitment period, but he has OSU in his top 6 schools and his relationship with Coach Whithers is a good one. He is a fan of Urban and wants to come up for a visit this summer. This one i think could be interesting especially if we can get him in here for a visit.
Finley - I believe we got in the game too late and is a lean and will eventually commit to MSU
Foster - He is going to Alabama i believe and his second visit to Alabama is coming up in the next few weeks
Quick - Stays in Kentucky and goes to Lousiville, unless coaching changes occur after the season