- Michael Ferns unofficially visits Ohio State
- UCLA commit Deon Hollins says he is working on setting a visit to Ohio State, and should know when in a week or two
- QB Kyle Allen plans on camping at Ohio State June 23rd
- OL/DL Sam Mustipher says he'll be at the Ohio State two day camp June 21st and 22nd
- USC has emerged as a major player for Jalen Ramsey, who is in LA now. Was invited to Under Armor All American Game as well
- Su'a Cravens will choose among UCLA, USC, Ohio State and Michigan today. Nebraska did not make his final cut. Announcement at 2:30 EST
- Orlando Brown will visit Iowa June 23rd, moved OSU visit to July 17th
- Leon McQuay III has been added to the Under Armour AA Game roster
- DeMarcus Walker plans to visit Auburn Sunday through Tuesday. Then Clemson June 15-17. Rollin with the tide late June
- Alex Gall names Miami, Wisconsin, Kentucky top three
- Corey Clement schedules visits with Pittsburgh and Notre Dame
- Johnathan Lloyd offered by Clemson
- Caleb Day will be at Ohio State camp this Sunday
- Devaris Brunson camping, "the week after next", unsure on the exact date. Guessing 23rd
- Todd Kelly Jr. offered by Stanford
- LB Robert Suarez (Olentangy Liberty HS, OH) will be camping this weekend at Ohio State
- Demarre Kitt will visit Clemson on June 13...will no longer visit Ohio State June 23
11. Eli Woodard
19. Cam Burrows
44. Joey Bosa
74. Jalin Marshall
126. Marcus Baugh
145. Evan Lisle
185. J.T. Barrett
201. Billy Price
203. Jayme Thompson
254. Ezekiel Elliott
Rivals $ - Junior linebacker to make summer visit (Dillon Bates)
- By Givler...plans to visit OSU in July...has early offers from Georgia Tech, Virginia, Wake Forest, FIU, South Carolina and others...dad is Bill Bates who played at Tennessee and with the Dallas Cowboys.
Rivals--Marshall moving positions at Challenge (Jalin Marshall)
- Jalin will work at WR at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge and says he is more comfortable with the idea of being a QB in college.
Rivals$--Nation's No. 1 OG visiting Auburn (Khaliel Rodgers)
- Khaliel will take an unofficial to Auburn and plans to decide on June 30.
BN $ - Top 10 Floridian To Camp At OSU (Khairi Clark)
- By BK...will be at OSU at the end of June...Coach Coombs was down at his school in the spring.
BN $ - Huge Ohio State Visit Scheduled (Orlando Brown)
- By BK...has a visit scheduled with his mother for early July.
- Evaluation & several clips from the camp by Bill Greene.
Scout $ - Baker looking for tradition (Adrian Baker)
- By Newberg.....Says he doesn't have a preference on playing offense or defense in college. Will camp at OSU on 6/22 & thinks the staff will offer him. Likes the big name schools and is looking for a good education, as well as a program that has tradition & a bright future.
You can barely hear Zeke in this interview, so turn up your speakers!!
The Buckeyes are looking at many elite defensive backs in the 2014 class. One of these players is Bishop Dunne (TX) defensive back Nick Watkins, who was recently offered by the Buckeyes, and many other top programs. Texas has yet to offer Nick, but I definitely see them doing so at some point in Nick's recruitment. I recently caught up with Nick to breakdown his recruitment to this point. Keep checking back for updates on Nick, as we willing be keeping in-touch throughout his recruitment.
- Notable offers: Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Arkansas.
- On offer from Ohio State: "I was in chemistry class when they called me coach. When my coach informed me of the offer, I was very excited. Ohio State has a winning school, and great tradition.
- Not sure about camps this summer, as he is coming off a hip flexor injury.
- Might take visits to Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan this summer.
- Factors: "I am looking for a school that best fits me. I am looking for a school with a good business, or mechanical engineering schools. Football factors would be facilities, and the chance to play early."
- Wants to decide senior year: "I am in no rush to decide on a school, I want to take everything in, and explore all my options."
- Strengths: "I think I am well rounded. I can play zone, man, and press coverages. I am also real strong on the field, and never have mental lapses."
- Improvements: "There's room for improvement everywhere, but I would most like to work on strength, and speed over the summer."
- Growing up, Nick was a Texas fan, Vince Young was his favorite player.
- Off the field: "I watch a lot of movies, play Madden, NCAA, and hang out with friends."
- Goals: "Team goal is to make it to states, and form a winning program. Individually, I would like to get 40-50 tackles, 10 picks, and a few punt return touchdowns."
Ohio State has 11 commits from the class of 2013 and the coaching staff is out and about looking for the next players to join the others. One option is Hallandale, Florida standout Adrian Baker. I recently got in touch with Florida athlete Adrian Baker to discuss his recruitment. Baker has the ability to play Wide Receiver or Cornerback and is being recruited to do both by some of the best programs in the country. He is just a playmaker. Adrian outlined to me what is going on with his recruitment and what his upcoming plans will be.
"Right now I have offers from Florida State, Florida, Nebraska, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma, West Virginia, and Wisconsin", said the playmaker from West Hollywood. "I will be at Ohio State's camp on June 22nd. I would like to perform well enough and get the offer from the Buckeyes. I'm pumped about going up there, and I talked to Coach Coombs and Coach Fickell and their excited I'm making the trip. They are recruiting me as an athlete. Coach Fickell tells me how I have the ability to make it to the NFL. It's awesome to hear that from a coach like him."
I gave a little spoiler last night but Baker has named a Top 3 in no order that includes Florida State, Oklahoma, and Ohio State. Here is what Baker had to say about all 3 of his leaders.
"Florida State is very interested in me. Their actually strictly recruiting me as a cornerback, and say I have a great chance to see the field early which is always something you want to hear as a recruit. Oklahoma is actually where my cousin went to school. Coach Stoops is a great coach and their a school that is rich in tradition. They have a great program and are always competing for championships. What I love about Ohio State is the tradition and having Urban Meyer as the head coach. I was actually a fan of Miami, but I know how successful he was as head coach of the Gators. I also really enjoy how all their coaches are great family guys."
Adrian Baker also mentioned to me that even though Ohio State is recruiting him as an athlete, they have told him that they are done recruiting corners. Baker's best shot at obtaining an offer from the Buckeyes might be with the ball in his hands. Ohio State has obviously made an impression on Baker landing in his top 3 list of schools.
I will be keeping in touch with Baker and will keep you posted on any new developments.
When I last spoke to Devon, he was returning from visiting the Ohio State spring game with high school teammate Caleb Day. He enjoyed that visit and he also enjoyed his visit today to the campus. Here is what Rogers had to say.
- "It was really nice to go and see all of the campus. It was the first time I got to see it all football-wise. I was very impressed with everything."
- I got to see the entire Woody Hayes Athletic Center, the Meeting Room, Film Room, Weight Room, all the training facilities, and was able to check out the stadium which was neat."
- On what the coaches had to say: "I got to speak with Coach Fickell, Withers, and Coombs. They really like my film and say I'm up there on their recruiting board. If I do well enough at camp I could come away with an offer. Urban wasn't there but they want me to visit again to be able to talk to Urban. I'll set that visit up when I am up there at camp."
- Other camps/visits: "I am working on setting things up to where I will be going to camp at Wisconsin and Michigan State. I am camping at Illinois on Friday and Syracuse on Monday. I also am planning on being at Cincinnati July 22nd for their Friday Night Lights camp. I'll also be camping at Akron and Kent State. I'm saving the Oregon camp for my senior year."
I'll be staying in touch with Rogers throughout his recruitment and will have updates on any new developments.