Family issues are being sorted out for anyone that cares lol but just thought I would update everyone on my status. I should be able to provide you guys every day without any problems. With that said let's get today's edition underway.
- Jalen Tabor & Donell Stanley unofficially visits Alabama (Stanley visited yesterday and came out very impressed) (Tabor says Tide is on top after visit)
- Demorea Stringfellow unofficially visits Washington
- Paul Harris is reporting that he was offered by South Carolina last night
- Khaliel Rodgers didn't make it out to USC Rising Seniors camp this week, says USC still in it, this is good for Auburn
- Detroit Cass Tech DB/WR Damon Webb camping at LSU next month
- 2014 Indianapolis WR Dominique Booth visiting USC UCLA Stanford and Cal starting Sunday
- 2014 TE Tyler Luatua added Michigan to his list of offers
- Crete (IL) Monee 2014 LB Nyles Morgan reports Purdue is the latest to offer
- Jalen Reeves-Maybin unofficially visits Vanderbilt
- WR Levonte Whitfield reports his top six (no order) are OSU, FSU, Miami, Florida, WVU and Clemson
- Akron offers Galion (Ohio) QB-WR Dareian Watkins
- Cass Tech (MI) OT Dennis Finley names his top 3 of Illinois, Ohio State & Michigan State
- Quin Blanding & Andrew Brown offered by Auburn
ESPN ($) - Under Armour Game Adds OSU Pledge ('13 CA TE Marcus Baugh)
- Marcus mentions having a good relationship with Cam Burrows, Joey Bosa, and Ezekiel Elliott and looks forward to building a stronger bond with his fellow Buckeye commits at the UA Game and/or The Opening. Also says he gets some good natured teasing for being from California.
BN $ - 4-Star WR "Definitely" Interested ('14 AZ TE/WR Mark Andrews)
- By BK...wanted to make camp with his teammate Kyle Allen but couldn't...hopes to visit for a game and is keeping an open mind about all schools.
Rivals $ - Byrne narrows his focus to three ('14 OH OL Jimmy Byrne)
- By JB...done with visits for the summer...says someone else could jump up and impress him but for now he is focused on Ohio State, Michigan, and Notre Dame.
24/7 $ - Snodgrass Has Three On Top ('14 OH WR Thaddeus Snodgrass)
- Talks about ND, who are in his top 3 with OSU and MSU.
Rivals $ - Buckeyes land huge commitment ('13 SC DT Michael Hill)
- By Givler...chose OSU over Clemson, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Florida and LSU.
New Albany High School’s Darron Lee committed today to be the 13th member of Ohio State’s 2013 football recruiting class.
The 6-foot-3, 205-pound Lee will probably begin his Ohio State career as a safety, though a move to linebacker is possible depending on how much he continues to grow.
“He has room to grow,” said Mark Mueller, Lee’s high school coach. “I’m not 100 percent sure of their plan.”
Mueller, describes Lee as a high-character person with a fierce competitiveness.
“They want high-quality kids to play at Ohio State,” he said. “I think Darron fits that.”
Lee is rated a three-star prospect. He earned an offer today with a strong performance at Ohio State’s camp. Lee almost immediately accepted the offer.
“If you look at his offer list, the 3-star ratings would be about right where you’d expect it to be,” recruiting analyst Bill Kurelic said. “But watching him in camp, I think he performed at a level higher than that. He definitely passed the ‘look’ test.”
Lee also considered West Virginia and Illinois, among others.
“It was his dream to get an offer and go to Ohio State,” Kurelic said. “It’s always great to see a local kid who’s wanted to be a Buckeye actually get an opportunity to be a Buckeye. I think the question mark is where he fits in, but I certainly think he has a chance to be a contributor for the Buckeyes.”
After Saturday’s Ohio State camp, Darron Lee felt he did all he could to earn an offer. Monday would be his judgment day on whether the Buckeyes would extend an offer.
Except Monday came and went without any word from the staff.
So, Lee (New Albany, Ohio/New Albany) called assistant coach Luke Fickell on Tuesday afternoon to hear the news, good or bad.
Jun 27, 2012 - Michael Hill, a top defensive tackle recruit from Pendleton (SC) High School, has committed to the Ohio State Buckeyes. Hill rates as one of the top-30 defensive line recruits (combined tackles and ends) nationally in a composite of the four major services. He is a consensus four-star recruit and a major commitment for Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes.
The news was first reported by Ryan Bartow of Rivals, who Tweeted:
BREAKING NEWS: 4-star DT Michael Hill, from Pendleton (SC), the No. 1 recruit in South Carolina, commits to Ohio State
Hill stands 6'2 and checks in at 315 pounds. He is the prototypical nose guard recruit and will likely be used as such in Ohio State's defense. That is not to say that Hill doesn't move well for his size, but rather that he should excel in taking on double teams and letting the linebackers behind him flow freely to the football.
Hill is Ohio State's second defensive tackle recruit of the 2013 class, joining Bill Price, and the 15th overall as the Buckeyes look to challenge Michigan for Big Ten recruiting supremacy.