First off before we get started, I would officially like to welcome both Derek Young and Miles Joseph to the 11W family. Glad to have you guys both on board and I myself, look forward to your articles and recruiting news in the near future. The Intro on Caleb Henderson will be the last article I will link on their website in Quick Bits, seeing as they will merge with 11W effective immediately. Again, glad to have you both on board and again welcome to the 11W family.
- 2014 QB Caleb Henderson looking very sharp at Ohio State camp. Strong arm and throwing tight spirals
- Brandon Lee, D'Andre Payne, Parrker Westphal, Jamarco Jones, Nyles Morgan & Chance Stewart attends Notre Dame camp
- Clifton Garrett & Dennis Finley unofficially visits Michigan State
- Sean Welsh commits to Iowa
- Eli Woodard = smark kid haha "If (a player) wants to be part of a championship team then come to Ohio State."
- 2014 Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) University School DB Quincy Wilson picked up an offer from Indiana, Michigan State & Syracuse
- OG Khaliel Rodgers just rolled into the Rivals Challenge wearing Auburn Under Armour shorts...if that means anything
- 2014 OL Jamarco Jones picks up a new offer from Notre Dame today
- DB Damon Webb will most likely be back at Ohio State for Friday Night Lights
- 2014 WR Tyre Brady, who was scheduled to be at #OSU today but couldn't make it tells me he plans on being at OSU on 7/27 (FNL) "Wouldn't miss it"
- East Lake 2014 OT, Mason Cole reports he has been offered by Stanford
- WR Demorea Stringfellow tells @bartonsimmons at UCLA camp that ND & OSU are his top 2 schools
- Laquon Treadwell is not writing off the Buckeyes yet. @CG340: I-O @SuccessfulQuon Go Bucks! O-H
- Jordan says he was impressed with ND but loves how hard Florida is recruiting him.
Scout $ - Ermon Lane wants to be featured
- By Simmons.....Offers from Alabama, Florida State & Miami. Also hearing from Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Florida & others. Grew up a Miami fan.
Scout $ - Snodgrass Holding New Offer (Thaddeus Snodgrass)
- By Berk....Very excited by the offer & is looking forward to learning more about the program & coaching staff. Heads to Notre Dame next.
Scout $ - Ohio State: Friday Morning Camp Notes
- By Trieu.....Notes on Webb, Hosey, Finley, Byrne, Henderson, Lloyd, Garrett, Wilkinson & others.
Scout $ - OSU Camp: Friday Morning Camp Notes
- By The Bank....Mentions Watkins, Henderson, Jones, Webb, Lloyd, Morgan, Byrne, Hartley, Finley (not camping), Hirschfield & Hosey.
Scout $ - Buckeyes In Finley's Future? (Dennis Finley)
- By The Bank....Enjoyed his visit & says Ohio State really moved up his list after today. Talks about speaking to Coach Meyer & says he'd like to decide during his season after taking his visits.
Rivals$--McMillan ready for test at higher level (Raekwon McMillan)
- Raekwon raves about tOSU and UGA. He says tOSU is putting on the full court press.
Rivals$--Woodard is all business (Eli Woodard)
- Eli says he will definitely be recruiting at the Rivals.com 5-star Challenge but he is not happy about the East team's colors.
Scout$--Garrett Taking His Time (Clifton Garrett)
- Clifton feels he performed well at tOSU and also enjoyed meeting the coaches. He says he does not have any favorites and will decide during his Senior year.
Rivals$--Garrett checks out Ohio State (Clifton Garrett)
- Clifton says tOSU has set the standard for the rest of his visits. He loved the campus, city, and almost ate an entire 'Thurmanator'.
Rivals$--Marshall is up for the challenge (Jalin Marshall)
- Jalin is excited to compete in the 5-Star Challenge. He shared a ride to the airport with some TSUN commitments and says the trashtalk has already started.
Rivals$--Irish offer top Midwest lineman (Jamarco Jones)
- ND has offered but Jamarco says he is not in a hurry to decide.
- Dominique did not leave Michigan with an offer but did impress the staff. He is looking forward to tOSU's camp.
Scout $ - Webb's Showing Earns Buckeye Offer (Damon Webb)
- By The Bank.....Offered by Coach Meyer after taking a campus tour. Also offered by Michigan today & says both schools are recruiting him as a corner. Camping at Notre Dame & Wisconsin next week.
Rivals$--Webb lands another big offer (Damon Webb)
- Damon dominated 1v1s at tOSU and says he is overwhelmed with the offers pouring his way.
BN$--Buckeyes Offer 2014 Michigan DB (Damon Webb)
- Damon admits his decision will likely come down to Michigan and another school.
BN$--New Safety Offer Waiting To Happen? (Marcus Ball)
- Marcus says Michigan State is about to offer and tOSU has told him he may be offered at camp this weekend but would need to accept quickly. He is not sure if he is ready to decide.
BN$--Garrett's First OSU Visit Is Great (Clifton Garrett)
- More of the same...loved the staff and campus.
BN$--Bucks Making It Tough On OT Target (Dennis Finley)
- Dennis was impressed with the staff, academics, and campus. He has a top three of tOSU, Michigan State, and Illinois.
After interviewing Billy Price, it was very evident that Cameron Burrows has emerged as a key leader—if not the key leader of the 2013 recruiting class. Cameron gave us a lot of insight in his first interview on things like recruiting, Jim Tressel, Urban Meyer and when he thinks OSU will win it all. Because he is the leader of the 2013 class, I thought it would be great to check in with him from time to time to try to gauge the pulse of the 2013 class. Thanks also to Grant Kunkle for suggesting some questions to ask.
By Phil Kornblut
Pendleton DL Michael Hill wrapped up his two day unofficial visit to USC Thursday. Hill will visit Clemson early next week and then he'll cut his list to a final two or three. The other schools he's considering are Ohio State, Georgia Tech, LSU, Tennessee, Alabama and Florida.
DE Lewis Neal of Wilson, NC will camp at LSU Friday. USC and Clemson have been high up on his list and he's visited both. He's also been to Tennessee, East Carolina and Ohio State. He also has offers from North Carollina, Vanderbilt, Purdue and Wake Forest.
6-2 guard LaShay Page is on his official visit to USC arriving Thursday. Page is transferring from Southern Miss and is a strong possibility for a commitment to USC while on his visit, though nothing took place Thursday. Virginia Tech is another school of interest to Page and he's also heard from Clemson.
By Eric Guimaraes
DE Tyquan Lewis of Tarboro, NC has taken trips to Ohio State and Southern Cal this summer with more visits on the way. "I liked Ohio State better," Lewis admitted. "From the campus to the facilities....everything was just great there." Lewis wants to take return trips to USC and Clemson and could visit LSU, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt this summer. He says the schools showing the most interest are Clemson, Ohio State, LSU, Vandy, North Carolina and Ole Miss. He has not heard from the Gamecocks of late. "They've already got two commitments so I think that's why I haven't heard from them much lately," he said. The Tigers continue to encourage his commitment. "They've got the number one commitment in the country (Nkemdiche) and he plays defensive end," Lewis said. "They're telling me I could play on one side, and he on the other, and we'd be the most balanced defense in the country." That is music to his ears. "Of course it interests me but I've always liked Clemson anyway," added Lewis. He plans to narrow his list sometime this summer and it could be as early as July. He does not have a leader.
By Eric Guimaraes
DE Jordan Sherit (6-4 245) of Tampa has 35 offers that include Clemson, USC, Miami, Florida, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Oregon, Mississippi State, Stanford, NC State, Maryland and South Florida. With the recent commitments at Clemson, Sherit has a growing interest in the Tigers. "They have really come on strong of late," Sherit said. "They've been getting commitments from some of the best linemen in the country. To be a part of the best defensive line class this year is definitely appealing. I don't know how many they plan to take in this class, but it would be great." G.A. Mangus was one of the first coaches he met in the recruiting process but the Gamecocks have not contacted Sherit recently. He has visited Vandy, Florida and South Florida this summer and hopes to see Clemson in July. "A group of guys from the Tampa area are going to visit some schools together and they mentioned Clemson," he said. "It would be really cool if I got to go there. We're just going to get out and see some places but I'm not really sure where we're going yet." As a junior he totaled 110 tackles, 14 sacks and five forced fumbles. He also caught five touchdown passes as a tight end. Stanford offered him a the tight end position with Maryland and NC State offering him on both sides of the ball. He does not have any favorites.
With it looking more, and more like the Buckeyes will only take one quarterback in the 2013 class, Witchita Falls (TX) signal-caller, J.T. Barrett, it's time to turn our attention to potential 2014 targets. One of the top quarterback targets for the class of 2014 is Burke (VA) Lake Braddock Secondary high school star, Caleb Henderson. Henderson threw for 2,700 yards, threw 27 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions his sophomore year, while rushing for 600 yards. Keep reading to find out when Caleb will be camping at Ohio State, what he wants to see on said visit, and more! Keep checking back for updates on top 2014 signal-caller, Caleb Henderson, as we will be keeping in touch throughout his recruitment.
- Offers: Virginia Tech, Virginia, Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Marshall, and Old Dominion,
- Other teams showing interest: Ohio State, Oregon, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas, Nebraska, Colorado, and Wisconsin.
- Camp plans: "I camp at Michigan State tomorrow (yesterday), and if that goes well, I'll stay the night, and camp again. If I don't decide to camp at Michigan State, I'll be camping at Michigan the next day (today). Then I'll be camping at Ohio State on Friday."
- Ohio State interest: "Coach Herman, their quarterbacks coach, came to one of my spring practices, and invited me to their camp."
- Schools standing out: "Definitely Ohio State, but the more visits I take, the more all the schools seem to be the same, I like all the schools that have offered, and those that are showing interest."
- Timetable: "I want to make my decision kind of quickly. If I make an early decision, everything will calm down a bit, so I'll be able to focus on my junior, and senior seasons. I want to commit pretty early."
- Strengths: "The strongest part of the game, I feel are my feet. I was running in the high 4.7's this past season, and I think I can get that down to high-low 4.6's in the near future."
- Areas he would like to improve: "My speed, you can always improve in that area. I think I can get to high 4.6's. I feel my throwing is pretty on point right now, but I can improve there as well."
- Goals: "My goal is to win districts, and our region. If we accomplish those goals, I want to do well at states."
Rangy Jesuit WR Travis Johnson, who gradually has been trimming his list of preferred colleges, publicly has pared it down a bit more.
He now has a top 10, and it differs significantly from the one he gave the Tampa Bay Times 10 months ago.
In no particular order, the 6-foot-4, 230-pound rising senior now is considering Michigan State, Missouri, Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Mississippi State, N.C. State, USF, Miami, Notre Dame and Clemson.
Johnson, entering his fourth season as a starter, recently was ranked No. 77 on the ESPN150 list. He had 48 catches and seven interceptions at safety last season, and has totaled 107 catches for 1,574 yards and 14 TDs in his prep career.