- OL Sean Welsh says he spoke to Coach Kerry Coombs and did not get offered but said it could happen later in the summer
- Ohio State offers Detroit Cass Tech OT Dennis Finley
- Michigan State offers Dennis Finley
- Lewis Neal attends North Carolina camp
- Clifton Garrett unofficially visits Notre Dame, Ohio State next weekend "ND is lookin reall good right now lovin this place"
- Parrker Westphal unofficially visits Iowa
- Tyler Boyd unofficial visit to Ohio State
- DeMarcus Walker unofficially visits Clemson
- Michael Ferns unofficially visits Michigan
- WR Josh Malone and Chicago, IL OL Jamarco Jones have made it to Michigan for their visits
- Tampa Jesuit (Fla.) WR/TE Travis Johnson recieved an invite to The Opening
- Springfield, OH 2014 LB Davonte James camping at Michigan State tomorrow, Ohio State & ND next week
- Indianapolis Pike 2014 WR Dominique Booth will camp at Michigan and Ohio State next week
- Hilliard (OH) Darby ATH Caleb Day will camp at Michigan on Monday
- Buckeye linebacker target Alex Anzalone will NOT be at Ohio State today, despite driving right through Columbus, should answer any questions about him still considering OSU
- No visit to USC for nation's No. 1 OG Khaliel Rodgers. WVU could be only visit left between now and June 30 decision date.
- 2014 Hinesville (GA) Liberty County LB Raekwon McMillan will be at UGA this Saturday. Says he talks with Dawgs and Buckeyes every week
- QB Tra'Von Chapman down to Pitt, Wisconsin, and Cincinnati. Will announce on July 1st.
- Jamarco Jones says today's Michigan visit was "pretty good." He camps at Michigan State tomorrow.
- Devon Allen was in the top 2 until the 7th or 8th hurdle, finished 3rd in the 110 high hurdles in Indiana, hit some hurdles at 13.66 seconds at USA Juniors. 1 more chance at Spain in 200.
- Louisville is getting a visit tomorrow from one of the top 2014 safeties in the country, Todd Kelly Jr.
- 2014 standout WR Josh Malone of TN: "had a great visit at Michigan today - coaches were awesome - on my way to Ohio State"
- RB Ryan Green committed to Florida State
- OT Derwin Gray & LB Yannick Ngakoue committed to Maryland
- ITS talked to Davonte James, says he doesn't have an Ohio State offer, but the way things are going that he feels one coming soon
- It's now confirmed by his father that he did indeed tear his right ACL. So unfortunate to do during a 7-on-7. Best of luck to him in his recovery.
Scout $ - Brandon Lee Talks Buckeye Camp
- By Trieu....Camped at Ohio State today & believes the staff will offer.
One of the targets left on Michigan's shrinking board is running back Derrick Green (Richmond, Va./Hermitage), who says the Wolverines are still in play.
"I haven't narrowed anything down yet," he said. "Michigan is definitely in the mix. That's a school I would like to get out to this summer to sit down with the head coach, and maybe for a game."
With 21 commitments, Michigan has essentially narrowed the focus to Green and Jordan Wilkins (Cordova, Tenn./St. Benedict). Green, the No. 6 running back in the country, says he doesn't know exactly what visits he will take this summer, but does have a few scheduled already.
The Buckeyes are looking at many tight end prospects in the 2014 class, as they will only be taking one in the class of 2013. One of the main targets is Oradell (NJ) Bergen Catholic TE/DE, Garrett Dickerson. Dickerson has already received a 4 star designation by 24/7 sports, checking in as the number 55 player overall in the 24/7 class. Dickerson is mainly being recruited as a defensive linemen, but the Buckeyes decided to offer him at tight end, a position Dickerson also plays in high school. Garrett and I chatted about his interest in Ohio State and more! Keep checking back for updates on Garrett, as we will be keeping in touch throughout his recruitment.
- Holds early offers from Ohio State, UConn, Northwestern, Syracuse, and Toledo.
- Other interests: Stanford, Alabama, Michigan, Michigan State Georgia, and a couple of other schools.
- Ohio State offer: "Coach Warriner called my coach, and told him they were offering me. Ohio State was at my school the day before they offered."
- Interest: "I really like Ohio State. They're a school that has a good combo of athletics, and academics."
- Won't be camping anywhere, but wants to visit Ohio State, and Alabama this summer.
- Position in college: "Ohio State offered me at tight end, and Northwestern offered me at defensive end. Most schools are recruiting me to be a defensive end, but I have no preference, I like both the same. On offense, I get to catch the ball, and scores touchdowns. On defense, I get to sack the quarterback."
- Timetable: "I'm not sure. I'm trying to make sure my team is set before I start focusing on college. I put my team first."
- Factors: "Definitely a close knit team, with good, family oriented people. Academics are also very important, my family always stresses that football eventual end, and you need a good education."
- Goal: "Win a state championship."