- 2013 (PA) offensive tackle prospect Dorian Johnson visiting Ohio State Saturday. Huge visit, the red carpet will be rolled out.
- Ohio State showing new interest in Chicago Simeon LB Reggie Spearman. Possibly a visit to Columbus coming soon.
- Toledo Central Catholic (Ohio) DB Jayme Thompson was invited to The Opening.
- Alex Anzalone unofficially visits Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
- Demetrius Knox unofficially visits Ohio State.
- Derrick Green of Richmond, Va., will visit Ole Miss for camp July 16-17.
- 2014 OL Jimmy Byrne was offered by West Virginia.
- Scottsdale Desert Mountain WR Mark Andrews was offered by Oklahoma last night. Grew up a Sooner fan. "Super excited" by the offer.
- Darron Lee offered by NC State
- DE Jason Hatcher has been invited to The Opening
- Arizona State Sun Devils offer Da'Shawn Hand
- Devon Allen will be running in the USA Junior Track and Field Championships Friday, Saturday, Sunday. top 2 each event goes to Jr. World.
Detroit Cass Tech OL Dennis Finley has upcoming camps to MSU Bama OSU. Also talks Illini.
'13 FL WR Isaiah Jones has been offered by Ohio State.
BN $ - Bucks Get Offer In Early To Star WR (Johnnie Dixon)
- By BK...offers from Miami, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, South Florida and Ohio State...hopes to visit Alabama and Ohio State next year. Was offered 3 weeks ago
- Video by Kenney....Virginia, West Virginia & Ohio State. Has visited Virginia multiple times.
Scout $ - OSU Still Heavily Pursuing Derrick Green
- By Wasserman....Says all schools are even. Visiting Auburn, Ole Miss & Alabama in July. Has built a good relationship with Coach Drayton & likes what tOSU is doing with the offense.
- By The Bank....Recaps his camp experience & would love an offer. Currently holds offers from Pittsburgh, Bowling Green & Toledo. Will also camp at Penn State, Michigan, Rutgers & Maryland.
Scout $ - Desmond King Nearing Decision
- By Trieu....Camping at Michigan State this weekend & Ohio State on the 23rd. Wants to decide by the end of the month.
By now almost everyone knows the situation with Reading (PA) linebacker, Alex Anzalone. There is no need to re-tell the story the occurred about six weeks ago. The only thing of importance is the fact that Anzalone is still considering the Buckeyes, and the Buckeyes are still very interested in Anzalone. I exchanged a couple of messages with Alex to see where his recruitment stands.
- Visiting Notre Dame today (6/14), he will only be there for a day.
- Alex to visit Ohio State on the way home from Notre Dame. He told me, "We're going to try our best to get there." He also added they'd need to leave Notre Dame early Friday morning for this to happen.
- Alex has already been on campus three times, so there is not much left for him to see. So why is he visiting again? "I want to talk to the coaches in person," Anzalone told me.
- Other visits this month: "We leave for Florida Saturday to see my grandparents. While I'm there, I'll be going to a one day camp."
- Alex no longer has plans to visit Alabama, meaning he's down to six schools (no order): Florida, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Penn State, Stanford, and USC.
- Still isn't close to making a decision. The plan is to take official visits.
- Still frequently talks to Buckeye coaches.
Anzalone definitely still interested in the Buckeyes. He has to like something about the school, he was at one time a commit. Getting Anzalone on campus Friday, even for a short amount of time would be huge in the Buckeyes' chances in getting Alex to re-commit.
This past weekend, many of the top linemen in Ohio who have yet to receive an offer from the Buckeyes camped at Ohio State. There was one offensive tackle not from Ohio who stood out at the camp however. Memphis (TN) East offensive tackle Christian Morris was one of the top linemen at camp, and he believes he could soon earn an offer from the Buckeyes. Morris has already complied an impressive offer list which includes offers from UCLA, Nebraska, Tennessee, USC, Clemson, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and others. I could up with Christian to check in on his interest in the Buckeyes, his camp performance, and more! Keep checking back for updates on Tennessee native offensive tackle, Christian Morris, as we will be in touch throughout his recruitment.
- Camp: "I think I did great, there was a lot of competition there, but I think I did really well."
- Potential offer: "Basically the coaches told me they were going to meet this week to talk things over, and told me to call them later in the week, which is when I think I'll hear whether they're going to offer, or not."
- If OSU offers: "I already have Ohio State really high on my list, so if they offered, they would still be very high on my list."
- Top 7: UCLA, Tennessee, Clemson, Nebraska, Mississippi State, Alabama (no offer), and Ohio State (no offer).
- Summer visits: "I just camped at Ohio State, and have already visited Alabama. I recently visited Tennessee. Also I'm planning on getting out to UCLA on the 28th. Nebraska, and Vanderbilt are the others schools I'll be visiting this summer.
- Timetable: "I will take all five of my official visits, and decide after the season."
- Plans on taking officials to Tennessee, UCLA, Nebraska. Needs two more, and will take one to Ohio State if they offer.
- Didn't get to see the campus/take a tour while at Ohio State camp.
- Factors: "I want to go to a school I could see myself at. Also the coaching staff, and style of play will be important."
- Position: "All schools see me at tackle, except for Nebraska, they think I can play tackle, or guard. It doesn't really matter to me what position I play."
- Goals: "I want to be the best player I can be. More importantly, I want to win a state title next year.
After de-committing from Ohio State, Wyomissing linebacker Alex Anzalone has slowed things down, sort of. He is still visiting schools at a fast pace, but is taking his time on making any decisions.
Alex is visiting Notre Dame today, his second trip to South Bend in the last month or so. He told me last night that he's not sure if he'll be able to stop by Ohio State on the way home from Notre Dame, though he didn't rule it out.
He has a trip to Florida planned for this Sunday to attend a one day camp and will be visiting Penn State on June 28th for another one day camp. He intends on arriving a day early to meet with the business school administrator, then staying with a player the night before the camp.
The 6'2" 230 pound LB/RB has listed USC, Stanford, Notre Dame, Florida, Ohio State and Penn State as finalists.
|McMillan has top schools showing interest|
A simple de-commitment—something that happens frequently in college football—turned into national news when Pennsylvania linebacker Alex Anzalone decided that Ohio State was not what he expected it to be.
The main reason for his abrupt decision was due to a Buckeye superfan, who had uploaded a picture of he and Anzalone, along with others, onto his Twitter account.
Dr. Sal Anzalone, Alex's father, told the Reading Eagle that "something is just not right at Ohio State. It's not for him." Shortly after, he retracted his comments:
There's nothing wrong with Ohio State; it's a great institution. When I said there was something wrong with Ohio State, I was talking about the visit—there was something wrong with the visit, not with Ohio State.