- Sun Sentinal is reporting that '14 WR Johnnie Dixon has an offer from Ohio State. Ohio State has also offered '14 TE/WR Mark Andrews '14 CB Nick Watkins & '13 DE Tyquan Lewis.
- DE Frank Herron released his top 5 today of Clemson, LSU, Memphis, Mississippi State & Tennessee. OSU did not make his cut.
- Taver Johnson from Arkansas evaluates Darius Latham
- Brad Salem, Terry Samuel, and Mark Dantonio from Michigan State calls Travis Johnson
- Virginia & Arkansas offers Yannick Ngakoue
- Michigan State & Michigan offers Michael Ferns
- Cleveland Heights's Shelton Gibson was the best in the 100 at 10.86 with teammate Marcus McShepard in third at 11.05. Gibson showed his speed again by taking the 200 in 22.07.
- Oregon evaluates Loyola High School (Malik McDowell)
- Vanderbilt & California evaluates Jordan Sherit
- North Carolina offers Da'Shawn Hand
- Alabama offers Jalen Ramsey
- Washington State offers Tyler Luatua
- Miami offers Jeb Blazevich
Excerpt from an article on Jalen Ramsey
Sticking with football: State championship aside, Jalen Ramsey knows where his bread is buttered.
The Brentwood Academy junior defensive back, who has a number of football scholarship offers from schools such as Southern Cal, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State and most of the Southeastern Conference, is still focused on football despite his win in the Division II decathlon Tuesday.
"I'm an athlete," he said. "I can do anything that's asked for me to do, on the track or on the football field."
Ramsey said his track exploits have furthered the interest shown by some football coaching staffs.
"They like my explosiveness and the fact I can do multiple things," he said. "I've gotten some positive feedback as far as that aspect."
Ramsey expects to narrow his college options to seven by the end of the summer, he said.
Khaliel Rodgers is planning on announcing a list of finalists soon, perhaps as quickly as Sunday evening.
The offensive lineman from Elkton (Md.) Eastern Christian hinted via Facebook, then confirmed to ESPN, that he will announce a final list of schools. Then, he'll begin taking visits in order to make a commitment.
Rodgers has several scholarship offers, most notably from powerhouses like Auburn and Ohio State, among others. Rodgers has shown strong interest in playing football on the West Coast, particularly in Los Angeles. He has visited Southern California but hasn't yet garnered a scholarship offer from the Trojans. There are plenty of ties there. Two of his teammates, defensive lineman Kenny Bigelow and quarterback David Sills, are committed to USC.
Rodgers has also expressed strong interest in UCLA. The three-star prospect recently picked up a scholarship offer from Hawaii.
The Longhorns are still trying to wrap up the final pieces of their 2013 class but coaches have also turned their attention toward 2014.
On Monday, Texas defensive ends coach Bo Davis stopped by to visit sophomore inside linebacker Raekwon McMillan (Hinesville, Ga./Liberty County).
The 6-foot-2, 232-pound prospect already holds offers from Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss and South Carolina.
By Eric Guimaraes
DE Tyquan Lewis of Tarboro, NC has offers from Clemson, USC, Ohio State, LSU, Ole Miss, North Carolina, NC State, East Carolina, Wake Forest, Tennessee and Minnesota among others. He remains very interested in the Tigers. "They came by to see me twice this spring and are telling me they really like me," Lewis said. "I've already visited four or five times and I'm going to go back. I really like it there." USC has not contacted him recently. "I haven't really heard from them lately but I liked it when I visited," he said. Recent Gamecock commit QB Connor Mitch has talked to him about joining him at USC. "He tells me to come and play with him in the SEC," said Lewis. Lewis will visit Ohio State June 10th. "It'll be my first visit there," he said. "They say that if I go there, I could play for a national championship." LSU and Ole Miss are other schools he would like to visit this summer. Lewis plans to narrow his list by July but was unsure of how many teams will make that list. He did not name a favorite.
Delaware offensive guard prospect Khaliel Rodgers is a player the Buckeyes are expressing a lot of interest in. Khaliel will be in this week's addition of the Recruiting Rundown, which will be released later on to tonight.I exchanged a couple of messages with Khaliel tonight, and he informed me of when he'll be visiting Ohio State and of his new decision date:
- Top 6 (no order) of Auburn, Ole Miss, Ohio State, UCLA, West Virginia, and UConn.
- USC would join that group if they offer.
- Visiting Ohio State "most likely" next Friday.
- On what he wants to see: "Just the basics."
- Now announcing his college decision June 30th, was previously annoucning at US Army Bowl.
- Also visiting Auburn before he decides.