Ohio State offers '14 WR Moral Stephens
#3 Moral Stephens WR 2014 - YouTube
- Tom Herman from Ohio State recently evaluated Charlie Reid
- Paul Williams from Miami evaluated Vernon Hargreaves III yesterday
- Chavas Rawlins commits to West Virginia
- Oregon offers Jaylon Smith
- North Carolina & Notre Dame offers Raekwon McMillan
- Garrett says he is honored to receive an offer from tOSU. His brother plays for Northwestern.
- By Housteau...qualified in regionals for the discus and will try for the shot today...talks about his future teammates and going up against David Dawson at the NIKE camp...OSU has said DL but he says he would move to OL if that is what Coach Meyer and Warriner want.
BN $ - 5-Star Rescheduling OSU Visit (Jonathan Allen)
- By BK...had to reschedule because Coach Fickell and Meyer were out of town...both his parents' families are from Cincinnati...down to six schools: Alabama, Florida, Penn State, Ohio State, USC and Virginia Tech, with the Tide on top.
Rivals $ - Johnathan Lloyd one of 2014's best
- Was offered by the old staff after camping at OSU twice but says Coach Withers has been through his school...claims offers from ECU, Wake, Ohio State, Florida, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, South Carolina, Duke, and NC State.
Rivals $ - Ra'Shaad Samples gives the latest
- Rehab is going well...Oklahoma State has been by his school twice recently and he is very interested...plans to go to The Opening but is not sure if he will be able to compete.
Rivals $ - Brooks watches Michael Hill
- Clemson has told him he would be on their two deep today...plans to visit Alabama, Ohio State, Florida and LSU and again mentions OSU was his favorite team growing up.
Rivals $ - Tashawn Bower sets Irish visit
- Has talked with Theo Riddick about how much he likes ND as an athlete and student...will visit ND and Auburn in June and Michigan and MSU in July...Auburn is on him the hardest.
Rivals $ - Venables offers Florida cornerback (Adrian Baker)
- Over 30 offers from the likes of Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma, Auburn, Clemson, Penn State, Louisville, North Carolina State, Purdue, Vanderbilt and Central Florida...wide open but Oklahoma, Auburn and Clemson stick out.OSU was in to see him recently, per The Bank...
Scout $ - Thaddeus Snodgrass Has New Suitor
- Spoke with Coach Hinton, who wants him to come to OSU's camp.
Scout $ - FSNextTV: Bosa Enjoying Spring
- Video by Campbell....Working on improving his game this Spring. Still hearing from Alabama, but says he's 100% committed to Ohio State & is very excited to get to Columbus. Will visit again some time this summer & again for an official. Mentions talking to Michael Deeb about checking out Ohio State.
ESPN - Darrien Howard
Howard could earn OSU offer June 10
May, 18, 2012
By Jared Shanker | ESPN.com
Linebacker is a position Ohio State will have to address with two decommitments recently, and Darrien Howard (Dayton, Ohio/Chaminade Julienne) hopes it has the opened the door for an offer.
Howard has 10 total offers, but the in-state Buckeyes have yet to extend an offer to the four-star inside linebacker, ranked No. 7 at his position nationally. He has already visited a few times, but he believes his next visit will determine whether he receives an offer.
"My judgment day will be June 10 whether they want to offer me or not," Howard said, referring to Ohio State's camp.
WDEF - Vonn Bell
Ridgeland's Vonn Bell Becomes Hot Recruiting Prospect
Published: 5/17 6:41 pm
This time last year, Ridgeland safety Vonn Bell was not exactly a blue chip recruit.
But now, every major college coach in the country knows who this hard hitting prospect is.
Bell was under the radar on the recruiting scene following his junior year, until Mariakas sent out his tape in December. Said Mariakis,"To get in the high twenties major d-one scholarships. All SEC schools besides LSU. Every ACC school. And then we go out to UCLA and USC. Just an offer on film, he's a no-brainer."
Georgia was the first to offer Bell back in January. "I still remember the day. January 7th. Coach Mariakas gave me a call and said Georgia is offering me. I thought he was playing with me for a minute. I got on the phone with Coach Mark Richt later that day, and we all made it official." Bell is now rated the nation's second best safety prospect by 247 sports. Said Mariakis,"You know his hitting and tackling ability. That's the strongest point that he has. He's aggressive. He set a school record here (last season) with 180 tackles." Reporter-"Could you repeat the number of tackles again?" Said Mariakis,"Yeah, 180."
For now, Bell is not getting bogged down in the recruiting grind.
"It gets overwhelming somewhat, but you have to enjoy this process because it happens only one time in your lifetime. My life has changed a little bit. I ain't going to let that affect me on the football field or with academics. We're really going to push this forward. The job is not done yet."
Any coach can see that Vonn Bell is talented, but Ridgeland's Mark Mariakas says Bell also has the intangibles. "When we started seeing him dig in and make himself better. We knew we had something special."
SBNation - Vernon Hargreaves III
Vernon Hargreaves Interview: Not A USF Lock, Will Visit Schools
By Bud Elliott - College Football Recruiting Editor and Analyst
Hargreaves is still very open to a number of schools.
May 18, 2012 - Vernon Hargreaves III is the son of a college coach, probably the best defensive back recruit in the country, and he happens to play just down the road from my house. So, of course the Tampa (Fla.) Wharton High School got a visit during SB Nation's spring recruiting coverage. Hargreaves stands 5'11 and weighs in at 180 pounds. He is a consensus five-star recruit with offers from all over the country including Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, South Carolina, Stanford, South Florida, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Washington, Wisconsin and USC.
"Spring has been going good. Everybody is working hard, learning the playbook with our defensive coordinator, coach Thomas, our DB coach. We're learning and getting better," Hargreaves said. "And as far as how we're going to do this season, well, not everybody is out here yet. I think our strengths will be our offensive and defensive line. We are going to need some work with the DBs and linebackers," he added.
There haven't been many new offers for Hargreaves this spring because he already held offers from pretty much every school in the country, though Michigan State did swing through to extend an offer.
With his dad coaching at USF, many believe Hargreaves is a strong lean to the Bulls.
"I can't really comment on that. They can think whatever they want, but just because he coaches there doesn't mean I'm going to go there. I mean, he could leave. A lot of people don't think about that. But I don't really care about what people think," Hargreaves said.
Hargreaves doesn't have an official top list of schools yet because he hasn't been out of the state to see other schools. But that will soon change,
"I'll be taking trips this summer. I'll start up north at Michigan and Ohio State, and some of the Big Ten schools. And I'll make my way back down to see Auburn, Georgia, Alabama and the SEC," Hargreaves said. He also plans to visit Stanford, USC, Cal and Oregon for the Opening over the summer.