- Ohio State offers '14 WR Trevion Thompson
- Notre Dame offers Kevin Crosby
- Penn State offers Jalen Ramsey
- Jason Hatcher unofficially visits Tennessee
- Jaylon Smith unofficially visits Notre Dame
- Drew Barker unofficially visits Cincinnati
- Da'Shawn Hand invited to "The Opening", an all-star summer camp on the Nike Campus in Beaverton, Ore.
- Da'Shawn Hand attends Baltimore Nike Football Training Camp and measures 6-foot-5, 239 pounds
- Quin Blanding named defensive back MVP at Baltimore Nike Football Training Camp
- Quin Blanding is the first non-QB underclassman selected to Gridiron Kings, an all-star 7-on-7 event by ESPNHS.
- Taquan Mizzell invited to "The Opening"
- Taquan Mizzell named running back MVP at Baltimore Nike Football Training Camp
- Derrick Green invited to "The Opening"
- Alex Anzalone invited to "The Opening"
- Eli Woodard invited to "The Opening"
Scout$--Nation's Top OLB Ready for Saturday Visit (Jaylon Smith)
- Jaylon is showing his Dad ND for the first time and will announce in June.
Scout$--2014 WR Already at Eight (Trevion Thompson)
- 8 total offers including Florida, Ohio State, South Carolina, Clemson, and Minnesota. Trevion wants to hear from the in-state schools.
- Alex says he is disappointed in fan reaction following his tOSU decommitment. He is still talking to the Buckeyes but is focusing on Stanford, Notre Dame, Penn State, Florida and USC.
South Bend Tribune - Notre Dame football: Jaylon Smith set to visit ND again
Fort Wayne junior running back Jaylon Smith is one of Notre Dame's top targets in the current recruiting cycle. Smith plays for Bishop Luers High School. (The News-Sentinel/CHAD RYAN / August 19, 2011)
Notre Dame will have another opportunity to impress one of the top targets in the 2013 football recruiting class this weekend.
247Sports.com national recruiting writer Steve Wiltfong reported Friday that Fort Wayne, Ind., linebacker Jaylon Smith would be making an unofficial visit to Notre Dame this weekend.
"Notre Dame's in outstanding shape for him," Wiltfong said of the 6-foot-3, 202-pounder from Bishop Luers High. "I think they're the team to beat. This visit only can help them lengthen their lead."
The visit will mark Smith's third trip to South Bend this spring. This time, Wiltfong said, Notre Dame will have the chance to focus on Smith without a large number of visitors or spring practice to worry about. Smith is making the visit with his father.
"I think they're really going to show Jaylon all the bells and whistles that the Notre Dame football program has to offer," Wiltfong said.
The strongest competition for Smith comes from Ohio State, where Smith's older brother, Rod, plays running back. Jaylon Smith is ranked by 247Sports.com as the No. 1 outside linebacker and No. 6 overall prospect in the country for his class.
GoUpstate - Clemson and USC make Josh McNeil's next cut
TE Josh McNeil of Durham, NC continues to reduce his list. Friday he announced on Twitter a final 11...Clemson, USC, Ohio State, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Miami, NC State, Oregon, Cal and East Carolina. McNeil said he will announce his decision July 5th at the ESPN combine The Opening at Oregon. Last season McNeil had 58 catches for 575 yards and 6 touchdowns. He did not indicate a favorite.