College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

I met Jim Harbaugh yesterday

+13 HS
MN Buckeye's picture
April 24, 2017 at 4:26pm
75 Comments

My wife and I and a small group of friends arrived in Rome on Friday to begin a 17-day tour of Italy and Central Europe. We just finished touring the Borghese Villa and were walking out of the building into the park when we saw the MI football team gathered around outside. I muttered a few comments to my friends about "being unimpressed" and wondering how Crazy Jim managed this caper when, on a bench on the path just into the park I noticed the man himself sitting with his father. I took a couple of photos from a distance, and then when I pointed out who he was to my wife, she ran over to meet them. 

I will say that I have not had the highest opinion of Jim, but he was friendly and smiled the entire time even though he said little, even shaking my hand when I told him I was a Buckeye. Jack was a class act, chatting a bit, and he was friendly and smiling.

So in the end, while I still have trouble spelling out the name of the team he coaches, I have a slightly higher opinion of the $9M man, as he at least was kind to an opposing fan for a moment of recognition in the bright sunshine of a beautiful day in Rome.

I will post a photo if I can figure out how to do it.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments