College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Calipari Sounds Off

+11 HS
osu07asu10's picture
February 19, 2017 at 8:56am
20 Comments

It's no secret, I'm an ardent Thad supporter/apologist whatever you want to call it. In fact, I have plans to detail the #ThadSwagWagon this beautiful February Ohio Sunday afternoon, but I digress...

Apparently University of Georgia head basketball coach Mark Fox is on the hot seat, much like my boy Thad, and much like Tom Izzo did for Thad earlier this season, Coach Cal came to the defense of Fox after a heated SEC contest in which Fox and the Bulldogs lost:

"He keeps his team together," Calipari said of Fox. "That's coaching. Not when things are going good. It's when things go south and you lose a bunch in a row, how do you get them and go."

'Well, we want to win more.' No kidding. We all want to. Live with my shoes. You want to win more? We gotta win by 25 or we got problems. We win by two or in overtime, people are jumping off bridges. So we all want to win, but it's about what kind of coach he is, what kind of man he is."

He then addresses NC State, who recently fired their coach:

"What if Mark Gottfried goes on a run at the end and gets to the NCAA tournament, which he was in four out of five years? Two Sweet 16s, which is not done at NC State. What happens if he now

I'm not a Coach Cal fan, I think he's about a slimy as they come but I like that he has come to the defense of his peers. Maybe because it hits close to home with Thad and our current situation but I respect and appreciate when coaches defend their own.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments