College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

ESPN ruins college football once again

+2 HS
osuguy2008's picture
December 17, 2016 at 1:05am
45 Comments

Am I the only one that finds the digital field goal line that ESPN introduced in the last month or so of the college football season absolutely annoying? It clutters the screen with the first down line, line of scrimmage line, the score/clock box,  and the digital down & distance on the field (normally around the quarterback... this is also worthless because down and distance is on the box with the score, clock, and play clock). Also, they do it for the whole game; who needs to know how far a team needs to get for a field goal on the first drive of the game? It's been ruining my viewing experience. Aside from Ohio St games I've found myself turning games off because my eyes can't take it. This stupid digital line brings no value to the fan. It's as if the producers got bored and played around with the graphics guys and then threw it on the screen. I understand if it's the last 2 minutes of a game, the losing team is trailing by 3 points or less, and has the ball and is driving down the field and you want to show it briefly when the camera pans out for a full shot; in that instance there's value. But in the first quarter?  I can't be the only one, right? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments