College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Wednesday Ramblings

+8 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
December 6, 2016 at 7:31am
213 Comments

Happy Hump Day.  Welcome to the Ramblings.

Urban Meyer is 61-5 at Ohio State.  Wait, URBAN MEYER IS SIXTY ONE AND FUCKING FIVE AT OHIO STATE!  It's a number that appears to be fake.  But it's not.  It's fucking real and it's spectacular.  So before you go all "Yeah but Tim Beck sucks..." just remember that we're living in the Golden Age of Ohio State Football. 

Speaking of Urban, I still can't believe how emotional he was during that Michigan game.  I'm used to seeing him slightly reserved, maybe a bit of emotion here and there.  On November 26th though, he was trying to get the crowd jacked up, he was throwing his hands in the air at mistakes and he collapsed on the field when Curtis scored.  To top that all off, the milk jab in the press conference and his continued sarcasm were great.  I think it's safe to say, folks, that Urban Meyer is in a good head space compared to past downfalls for him.

Any of you drink energy drinks?  I used to in the Navy and occasionally do now.  Well, not anymore actually.  I had a checkup yesterday, you know the annual thing you're supposed to do.  I decided to sip on a Monster before going in there.  Mind you, I've had my pulse and blood pressure measured a lot this past year so I know where I stand.  Well, my BP was 142 over 88 with a heart rate at 83.  I don't have to be a doctor to know that's bad.  My normal BP is 120s over 70s and my typical resting heart rate is in the 60s.  Don't drink those fucking energy drinks, kids.

The beloved Buckeyes are in the Playoff.  Penn State and Michigan are not.  I love their tears.  I work with a Michigan fan here in Maryland.  For starters, he's a huge piece of shit and that's not because he's a Michigan fan.  I digress.  The man still will not accept the loss and for over a week makes it a point to tell me that JT didn't get the first down.  So I checked him.  The convo went as follows:

Michigan Asshole: Ohio didn't get that first down and Michigan should be in the playoff.

YTown: Yeah, well first of all it was a first down since they reviewed it. And that's like, your opinion, man.

Michigan Asshole: Harbaugh is so much better than Urban Weiner

YTown: Look man, I've listened to your bullshit for almost two weeks now and haven't said a word.  You're literally one of the dumbest goddamn fans I've ever met.  Your messiah has never won anything but a hype trophy and your best player is nothing but a September Hesiman.  Seriously bro, go fuck yourself and please never talk football with me again because you clearly have issues.  PLAYOFFS!

He hasn't said a word to me since.  Fuck him.

FAU?  Sigh...

Your drink of the week is the Glenlivet 14 year.  I just started getting into scotch and this one was recommended as a good starter.  I know most people prefer blended scotches for whatever reason, but the Glenlivet was pretty damn good.  Almost bourbonesque.  Give a try.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 213 Comments