College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Thursday Ramblings - The Week After

+8 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
December 1, 2016 at 7:32am
77 Comments

Good morning to those of you who enjoy these Ramblings.  Coming to you live on a Thursday to discuss various happenings throughout the college football world.

Obviously the greatest thing to come of this week was the OSU win over Michigan.  It was pretty fucking rough watching those first three quarters.  I still haven't figured out if Michigan's defense was just that good or if Isiah Prince planned on transferring there or something.  My god did he get fucking roasted quite a few times.  But, as they say, Wolverine tears are awfully tasty and thankfully we got a solid dose of them this year.

Oh, and that coach?  Yeah, THAT one.  He can go pound a ton of sand and drink a gallon of milk while doing it.  That's all we need to say about incessant whiners who cost their own teams opposing TDs.

Anyone watch the Basketbucks last night?  Whoa man, I thought we were going to take down a top ten team on the road.  And then, without warning, Jaquan Lyle decided to shit his pants repeatedly and Ohio State again looked like a team that doesn't know what the flying fuck it's doing.  I don't blame Matta for this.  Coaching can't fix the dumb shit Lyle did down the stretch, only he can do that.

Does anyone watch Westworld?  If you don't, please make sure to order HBO and drink a case of Red Bull while you binge on it.  It is easily the greatest show on television right now, especially if you're into literary references and a pretty deep story line.  The finale is on this weekend and I'm pretty fucking stoked for it.  Please don't discuss spoilers here.

Your beer of the week this week comes from a Virginia brewery, Devil's Backbone.  Years ago I stopped at their outpost brewery on a road trip from Virginia Beach to Ohio.  They had an experimental beer on tap there which they called their Smokehouse Porter.  I remember smelling it and getting subtle hints of smoked meat and awesomeness.  And the taste was enough to make you cream your jeans.  I've never been able to find it in stores...until yesterday.  The catch?  I had to buy the 12 pack sampler for a measly three bottles.  Anyway, Devil's Backbone Smokehouse Porter is your beer of the week.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 77 Comments