College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Two early signing periods and limited camp time expected to be passed

+2 HS
toad1204's picture
October 5, 2016 at 10:48pm
30 Comments

ESPN is reporting the NCAA is expected to pass new recruiting and  rules limiting coaches to 10 camp days and two early signing periods.  Urban has vehemently been opposed to the signing periods.  The 10 days end Jimmy H's marathon camp  month.  I'm sure his assistants are not mad about the change.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/130976/sweeping-changes-comi...

The council proposed legislation that would cut the days in a year from 30 to 10 that coaches were allowed to conduct camps. Only coaches permitted to recruit off campus could participate -- and the camps would be required to take place on campuses or in the facilities used primarily for practice or competition by member schools. A final vote on the camp changes is planned for April 2017

The proposed new early signing periods would last 72 hours each -- the first would open on the last Wednesday in June and the second at the time of the mid-December junior-college signing period. The topic of early signing has long been debated in college football and was last tabled by the Division I conference commissioners in June 2015. This proposal, if passed by the Division I Collegiate Commissioners Association, would be effective for the 2017-18 signing year

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments