College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The State of Sparty as it relates to the B1G

+5 HS
GVerrilli92's picture
October 5, 2016 at 1:25pm
35 Comments
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

​It's probably been discussed ad nauseam here, but I saw this image on Reddit today and had to share.

​Has Sparty been drinking its own Kool-Aid? We knew it was supposed to be a "down year" for ol' Mike D'antoni, but in recent past that has equated to a 2-3 loss season and fringe top-10 team. And then just this recruiting cycle was his best at MSU yet. What gives? I admittedly haven't been able to watch their losses, is it just QB play? I saw parts of their game against Notre Dame and they looked downright dominant - to the point that analysts were calling them the best of the B1G even after Wisky's opening week, Ohio State's bitch-slappage of OU, and TTUN's quick start.

​My theory is that the loss to Wisconsin seriously hurt that team's pride, and they are a team under Mike (lol) that thrives on pride. Maybe they got caught up in no man's land - not quite talented enough to just show up and win, but too successful to play with a chip?

​Ohio State, so in as far as we are concerned, completely controls its own destiny - win and we are in. However, it would be nice for the B1G to be heralded as the best conference in the country. If Sparty doesn't go down last week and Iowa doesn't completely implode we would definitely have an argument there - which we may still have. I'm in no way a conference cheer-leader, but I experienced the debacle in the desert in person and the S-E-C chants that ensued. After hearing for years that the B1G shouldn't even be a power conference, it would be poetic justice laying claim as the best conference. Literally, all thanks to Urban for stepping up the culture and expectations of not just The Ohio State, but The B1G as a whole.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments