College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

What Are We Learning About College Football So Far Today?

+5 HS
southalabamabuckeye's picture
October 1, 2016 at 7:39pm
140 Comments

I know today is far from over and the season is even farther from over, but I want to look at two results from today that leave two teams undefeated.  TTUN beat Wisconsin 14-7 and Tennessee once again scraped by using the fifth of their nine lives on a Hail Mary defeating Georgia 34-31.  

Concerning the BIG game, I know that Wisconsin has a very good defense, but their offense is not good and is very one dimensional.  In fact, I would say the are the BIG version of LSU.  As a Buckeye fan I am even less worried about TTUN and Wisconsin after watching that game today.  Sure, they are very good defensively, but neither has or will face anyone close to the Buckeyes' quality athletically, coaching, and toughness.  I see the Buckeyes being able to beat both of these teams by 3 TDs.

Tennessee is playing with fire and they will get burned before the season ends.  They come out slowly and uninspired every game and the try to use their talent to overcome inferior opponents.  I see them losing the next two games against  Texas A&M and Alabama.  

So what do we know as of 6:35 p.m. Central Time, October 1, 2016 in my humble opinion?  Alabama and Ohio State are very good.  Everyone else is several steps behind.

Do you agree?  What are your thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 140 Comments