College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Tuesday Ramblings - Les Miserables

+6 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
September 27, 2016 at 8:29am
94 Comments

Happy Tuesday to you all.  What a weekend at the YTown household.  The mother-in-law was here all weekend but we did add a new member to the YTown family, a new Golden Retriever pup, Chase. 

Les Miles was fired this weekend incase you were living under a rock.  Honestly, I think it was a bad move on the part of LSU.  While Les and his staff have had some difficulty offensively over the last two seasons I don't really know who they think they will get that will be an improvement.  A record of 114-34 is impressive in its own right and they'll be hard pressed to find similar success.  Say what you will about his offense, LSU averaged more than 10 wins a season under his leadership.

What does that say about college football when a man who averages more than 10 wins a season gets kicked to the curb?  Guys like Frank Beamer, Bobby Bowden, hell even Joe Paterno would have been fired quickly in today's game.  Those are three legendary coaches who fell on hard times at one point or another during their tenures.  I'm personally of the belief that your football coach should reflect the culture of your program.  Les Miles, had he been allowed to continue, would have found success at a high level again in my opinion.

If history is any indicator, LSU will have a difficult time over the next few seasons.  Firing a coach mid season is not good, just ask USC and Tennessee. 

The Buckeyes will play host to Rutgers this weekend and it will most likely be a bloodbath.  I'm taking the Buckeyes 63-10.

PSA - Let's take a moment and recognize that we are not all elite college level scouts.  The extremely negative analysis of certain current high school players is getting out of hand.  Let's take a breath and think before we type.  You never know who reads this stuff.

Your drink of the week is Blanton's Bourbon.  Blaton's is a bourbon that bites on the front but finishes smooth.  These are my ideal types of bourbon.  Drink 'em if you got 'em.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 94 Comments