College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Thursday Ramblings - Oklahoma Week

+4 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
September 15, 2016 at 8:37am
120 Comments

Happy Thursday, you filthy animals.  I'm sucking ass when it comes to posting the Ramblings on time this week.  Forgive me for I'm busy at work (for real).  But today is a down day so let's do the damn thing!

It's finally Oklahoma week.  While we've been able to watch our beloved Buckeyes for two weeks now, this game really feels like the beginning to the season.  This game is going to be won in the trenches for sure and hopefully Houston's bludgeoning of the Sooners in the trenches is indicative of what the Buckeyes will do.

IMO, the Buckeyes own the edge at QB, O-line, receiver, secondary and linebackers.  The OU defensive line is big and tough to move around but I have the utmost faith in the OSU Slobs.  Getting Weber going early will be key in this game but I think the Bucks need to be sure to get Samuel involved on outside runs to make that happen.

YTown's Tasty Prediction: Buckeyes win in a dog fight to the end, 38-31.  Your player of the game will be Mike Weber Jr. with 27 carries for 220 yards and 3 TDs. 

Elsewhere in CFB you should be watching Louisville vs. Florida State at noon and Bama vs. Ole Miss at 3:30.  I like Louisville to win that one (Mrs. YTown is an alumnus) and I'm taking Ole Miss in game #2. 

Off-Topic Insanity - Let me just say it has been a hot minute since I've been out.  With the wife's medical stuff and two little kids that drive me fucking nuts (I do love them a lot), there just hasn't been time.  Well, Monday night Mrs. YTown made a mistake and told me to stay at the bar to watch the Steelers-Redskins game.  I'm a Steelers fan (sue me) and I was proudly wearing my Troy Polamalu jersey whilst listening to Skins fans talk mad shit to me.  Regardless, I drank two pitches of beer by myself and proceeded to Uber home.  It felt like freedom...

Your drink of the week this week is the Old Fashioned

Start with a sugar cube and then two splashes of bitters.  Muddle together in the glass and then add your ice.  Here's the fun part now, go with a nice pour of Angel's Envy Finished Rye and stir using a bar spoon.  Rim that glass with an orange peel and strain over ice adding a cherry on top.  There's no better cocktail than an Old Fashioned with a good Rye.  Enjoy!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 120 Comments