College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Tuesday Ramblings - Week One Recap

+7 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
September 6, 2016 at 8:48am
82 Comments

Happy Tuesday to everyone.  Hopefully everyone enjoyed their elongated weekend and a tasty Buckeye victory.

The Buckeyes certainly started out rough with JT's pick six.  Watching that play it looked like there was supposed to be a receiver in the flat and that receiver wasn't there.  Regardless, the offensive line looked pretty damn good and helped Mike Weber look pretty damn in the process.  If not for a few shoestring tackles, Weber might still be running.  This offense is going to score points this season, folks.

Defensively the Buckeyes were solid.  They may have the best overall secondary in the nation especially with Malik Hooker making those insane INT grabs.  I thought OSU also looked solid in the trenches but linebacker may the teams only weakness this season.  It's only week one, so there is certainly time to build upon it. 

The LSU v. Wisconsin game was straight out of the past and I honestly didn't think Wisconsin had a chance in hell of winning that game.  LSU might be lucky to win 7 games with an offense like that.  Remember when the Buckeyes were recruiting Brandon Harris? Yeah, some people were upset he went elsewhere.  The cheap shot to end the game was also indicative of SEC football.

Bama rolled, and we knew they would.  I'm not shocked at that win as I don't believe USC will be anything but a middling PAC12 team this season anyway. 

The two best games of the weekend weren't even played on Saturday, though.  Texas v. ND was easily the best game I've seen in awhile.  I was shitting bricks when ND housed the PAT block for two points to tie it.  I though to myself, "this would be how Texas loses this game."  I'm glad I was wrong because Rudy sucks and any time they lose is a victory for all.  Also, Texas is going to be good for a few years, peeps.

Your beer of the week this week is Pumpkick by New Belgium.  I've gone New Belgium the last two weeks but Pumpkick is a fantastic beer.  With a hint of cranberry and plenty of spices, one can't go wrong with this one.  Thanks to 07/10 for the recommendation.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments